Flu jab

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Pinleyb93

Flu jab

Post by Pinleyb93 »

Has anyone been able to have the Flu jab yet?
DocDoc

Re: Flu jab

Post by DocDoc »

Pinleyb93 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm Has anyone been able to have the Flu jab yet?
Not me. PD says keep an eye on her FB for news/availability.
It's Back to the Future folks ;)
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Pinleyb93 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm Has anyone been able to have the Flu jab yet?
We had ours about 5/6 weeks ago, I think we were lucky to get in early as there was a waiting list after we’d booked.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Was this at the General Hospital and do you have to visit to make the appointment ??
Trev..
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It was done privately the Coral Bay clinic. I think the cost was €15 but with all the stuff that’s going around it was one less thing to worry about (if they work)
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:16 pm Was this at the General Hospital and do you have to visit to make the appointment ??
Hi Trev

The hospital (at least so far as the Pafos General is concerned) is no longer administering flu vaccinations. I was told that they are now carried out by your GESY GP.

Hope this helps

Aphrodite X
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank You Aphrodite, we will make enquiries there :-)
Trev..
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Hi Trev, I should have worded my post differently. I was actually advised by the hospital when I went to enquire when the vaccine would be available. Trying to save you a wasted trip!
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

My wife and I went to see our doctors yesterday for them to complete documentation so that we can exchange our driving licences. I asked about the flu jab. She told me that all doctors were promised delivery of vaccine by 31st October. No deliveries had yet been received.
Pinleyb93

Post by Pinleyb93 »

Personnel doctor phoned at 3 40 this afternoon, flu injection was available now,went straight to see him back home by 4 05. Couldn't have had better service privately.