Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Post Reply
Posts: 1838
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:47 am
Location: Paphos


Post by galexinda » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Posted on PEG FB Group half an hour ago:

''The UK has left the EU, and the transition period comes to an end at the end of this year.
Our records indicate that you hold a valid, registered S1 certificate.
This means that from 1 January 2021, you can continue to access healthcare in your country of residence and the rest of the EU, just as you currently do now (so long as you remain living in your current country of residence and are covered by the Withdrawal Agreement).
You will need to apply for a new UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that identifies your status under the Withdrawal Agreement. Your EHIC is not for use in the country you live in or the UK, but you can use it to get medically necessary state healthcare when temporarily visiting other countries within the EEA or Switzerland.
You can continue to use your existing EHIC in the meantime.
the new online EHIC
For general EHIC enquiries, you can use the Ask Us section of our website, visit our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Find out more about your data rights and how we use your information at
Copyright © 2020 NHS Business Services Authority, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
NHS Business Services Authority
Stella House
Goldcrest Way, Newburn Riverside
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE15 8NY
United Kingdom
Add us to your address book
You were sent this email by Overseas Healthcare Services''.

Post Reply