Diagnostic Centre, Paphos

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
MacManiac

Diagnostic Centre, Paphos

Post by MacManiac »

My wife’s consultant sent her for a MRI scan earlier this year to the Diagnostic Centre in Paphos. She was very frightened and claustrophobic, and - when we went there a few months ago - she decided she could not have the scan. But, times pass, and she decided to have the scan before her meeting with the neurologist in August.

Back we went and I must say the staff, the receptionist, the radiologist and the nurse, could not have been more sympathetic. She was nervous but all went well. She had earplugs, a mask and a ‘panic button’, and was advised to just close her eyes and let things happen.

Brain scans can be frightening things but I would have no hesitation in recommending their services under the GESY system. If this helps one nervous person to go forward and have a scan, then it will be worthwhile.
trevnhil

Re: Diagnostic Centre, Paphos

Post by trevnhil »

I have had a brain scan at the centre not far from the fountain roundabout .. I was apprehensive, and even with the earplugs it was very noisy .. But it is nothing to be afraid of and my results were ready a day or two later and for my age, I was fine ..
Trev..