Health insurance companies

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
dodo

Health insurance companies

Post by dodo »

We are still hoping to relocate to Cyprus before end of year so getting ourselves organised, grateful of
Last edited by dodo on Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
josef k

Re: Health insurance companies

Post by josef k »

Status Insurance is always a good port of call for health insurance. They are on the way from Kings Avenue Mall to the harbour.

Many meds that are on prescription in the UK are available over the counter here. However, where a prescription is necessary, I believe a UK prescription isn't recognised. I suggest, if you need one, take your UK one to a doctor, explain the situation, and ask for a local prescription.
Cookie

Re: Health insurance companies

Post by Cookie »

josef k wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:17 pm Many meds that are on prescription in the UK are available over the counter here. However, where a prescription is necessary, I believe a UK prescription isn't recognised. I suggest, if you need one, take your UK one to a doctor, explain the situation, and ask for a local prescription.
Is there a list of prescribed medicines anywhere? I've seen the list of what's available but not sure which can just be bought over the counter & which you need a prescription for.