Sit Bone Pain

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
kansas

Sit Bone Pain

Post by kansas »

I've been suffering from sit bone pain since November. Basically it's pain experienced on the ishium that can turn into ishial bursitis. It's not a particularly common problem, sometimes referred to as weavers bottom as a result of sitting on hard seats.

I'm wondering if anyone else is suffering from it and can offer any tips?

TIA
PW in Polemi

Re: Sit Bone Pain

Post by PW in Polemi »

My late husband had a slightly different problem, but I suspect the solution may be the same.
He fell and badly bruised his tail bone, which made sitting anything between uncomfortable and painful. The solution was to use a ring shaped pillow, so the painful area was effectively suspended rather than being weight bearing.
Before you go hunting for (probably) expensive ready made ring cushions, make your own.
Tightly roll up a towel, secure it with rubber bands. Curve it into a circle - if necessary, roll another towel or two. Gently lower your posterior onto it - you should end up sitting as if on a loo seat, ie your legs and thighs taking most of your weight.

Hope this works, but if not then pharmacists are very helpful people.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
kansas

Re: Sit Bone Pain

Post by kansas »

Thank you Kay, for your tips