Private doctor?

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Private doctor?

Post by Devil »

Are GESY doctors allowed to take on private patients, beyond their 2500 allocation?
Lincoln

Re: Private doctor?

Post by Lincoln »

Just my opinion. I would say that they cannot as they are employed now by GESY
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And yet my wife took a visitor to see a Gesy doctor, who did an examination, and gave treatment, but of course had to charge as the visitor was not in the system ..
Last edited by trevnhil on Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

It would be interesting to find out if they actually can continue in private practice for non GESY patients. Next time I see my GP I will ask her. However that will be some time away yet.
Cross Fingers.png
Cross Fingers.png (13.68 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

They can and do Lincoln, take the driving licence eye test or just a medical, my GHS GP did this for me before becoming a registered GHS patient with her, I was charged, accordingly so the answer is yes to having private clients, this may change in the future as this new system is still to be sorted properly, I have just had an operation (Turp) but had to pay for it even though my Surgeon was with the GHS.
Jim.