GESY weakness

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

GESY weakness

Post by Devil »

My OH and I have been patients of a given GP for 21 years. I complained that we have been unable to register with him and have received the following response from the powers that be:
We would like to inform you that the specific personal doctor has reached the limit of 2500 that he is able to registered under his beneficiaries list. The system doesn't allow the doctor to add any other beneficiaries regardless their medical history or status. Kindly note that you will have to registered to another doctor that is available and has under 2500 beneficiaries in his list.
So, instead of having access to a doctor familiar with our medical histories, we have to find another Tom, Dick, Harry, Thomasina, Ricarda or Henrietta. Is this right?
Lincoln

Re: GESY weakness

Post by Lincoln »

Unfortunately YES it is right-Correct. As you left it far to late to get on the preferred Dr's list, you will now have to make alternative arrangements.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I must admit that if you wanted a particular GP then you needed to have registered as soon as possible after registrations opened..
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

This came about because of a misleading document from BOCOC which drools on unhelpfully about E121 and S1 with problems with the Swiss Insurance. I still have the problems!