Small surgery

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
memory man

Small surgery

Post by memory man »

My wife had small surgery this morning at the General hospital.

Local anaesthetic + lanced and cleaned, then covered with dressing.

Doc/surgeon said to come back tomorrow to check on wound and re-dress.

Does she have to register again at reception and pay eu6 or just go upstairs to level 2.
Varky

Re: Small surgery

Post by Varky »

I would guess she should go straight to the minor surgery department. Just make herself known at the desk there and she will be seen in the small ante-room to the right just behind the curtain when it is her turn. At least that is my experience over the last few weeks. Just have her stickers from her previous visit with her, although I think they will not be necessary.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I had to return to have stitches removed and just went straight to the minor surgery department, showed a member of staff my hospital notes that showed the stitches had to be removed on that date and was immediately seen by a doctor who removed them for me and advised me how to look after the wound site. All done in less than 10 minutes.

My advice is don't go in there and sit and wait or ask any of the patients - ask a member of staff.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re... "My advice is don't go in there and sit and wait or ask any of the patients - ask a member of staff."

I agree with this, but boy it is sometimes difficult to catch the attention of the staff ;-)
Trev..