Olbas Oil or similar

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
fishbeardsunset

Olbas Oil or similar

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Hi there
Doe anyone know who stocks this inhalant /which I also use for muscular pain
Cannot seem to find it anywhere :roll:

Thanks in advance
memory man

Re: Olbas Oil or similar

Post by memory man »

Have you tried Holland and Barrett in the Kings Ave Mall?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Essential Oils - Bakali Cy
https://www.bakali.com.cy
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:34 pm Hi there
Doe anyone know who stocks this inhalant /which I also use for muscular pain
Cannot seem to find it anywhere :roll:

Thanks in advance
A friend of mine suggested I try her massage balm when I was struggling with my dodgy shoulder when visiting her in Jersey, Channel Islands in 2017.

My husband applied it. It has a slightly warming feel then it appears to turn to a cooler sensation after a few minutes.
It also clears the sinuses or chest, due to the ingredients just as Olbas Oil does.

I purchased a bottle when I returned home and have only just opened a second bottle about a month ago.
I use it sparingly and find it helps me to get to sleep if I'm feeling uncomfortable and apply it about an hour before going to bed.

I get mine on eBay - it's a Chinese massage oil so you may be able to get some in Cyprus. I know there used to be a Chinese guy not too far from Makarios roundabout in Limassol who did sports massage and manipulation as several friends used him for injuries.

The link to an article here below. I suggest reading it in full as it's the ingredient referred to which is important and there are some contra-indications too, but I've never had any problems. Just make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after using it - otherwise, it will make your eyes water!

https://www.massagesci.com/post/product-review-woodlock

WOODLOCK ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
METHYL SALICYLATE

Also called wintergreen oil, this organic ester is naturally produced by many species of plants, particularly wintergreens. It makes up approximately 50% of Wood Lock, making this product a very strong smelling liniment, to say the least.

Wintergreen oil (along with menthol, eucalyptus oil, camphor, and turpentine oil) is known as a counter-irritant. Counterirritants create a feeling of cold or heat that may overpower the localized sensory information from a sore joint or muscle.

Wintergreen oil is also a salicylate, as evident by its proper name: methyl salicylate. Salicylates are compounds related to aspirin. By using them topically, it may help a patient avoid most of the negative side effects of taking aspirin or aspirin-related compounds by mouth, such as:
ulcers of the stomach and small intestine,
abdominal pain,
nausea,
gastritis (inflammation of the stomach)

A study published in 2014 on collagen-induced arthritis in mice concluded, "[methyl salicylate] has great potential to be developed into a novel therapeutic agent for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis."
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Where medical advice is offered by lay persons, “beware of Greeks bearing gifts”
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Thanks to everyone for their input- will check out H&B when next in Paphos- and the online information as well
Cheers 8-)
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Devil wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:45 am Where medical advice is offered by lay persons, “beware of Greeks bearing gifts”
Lucky me, I'm still alive!

Only been using it since 2017...
"Have Camera, Will Travel"