VPN

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
CYWALL

VPN

Post by CYWALL »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on what VPN I should get/ buy for my computer.
Iv'e never used one before but with the Rugby World Cup looming I'd like to get one to watch some of the matches at home here in Pafos, as some of the games are on TV very early
Thank for any info/advice.
Lofos-5

Re: VPN

Post by Lofos-5 »

I’m using VPN Express since many years and always was happy with it - even in places like Saudi.

https://www.expressvpn.com/

A.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We will be watching some matches on ITV as well on a laptop.. And then plugged into the TV..
We use Google Chrome, and have downloaded the free extension 'Beebs'. This allows us to watch all the iPlayers including live television.. ie BBC, ITV, Channel 4 .
Trev..
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Hi trevnhil,
I'll be checking sites as when they come in, I use Google Chrome and I found your tip beebs, but there's nowhere to click onto to download/install it.
What am I doing wrong HELP! lol.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

CYWALL wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 am Hi trevnhil,
I'll be checking sites as when they come in, I use Google Chrome and I found your tip beebs, but there's nowhere to click onto to download/install it.
What am I doing wrong HELP! lol.
It is difficult to show you as I already have the extension added..
But try this link.. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ajdi?hl=en

To the RIGHT of 'Beebs- Watch BBC iPlayer, ITV & C4 Abroad' there should be a button 'Add to Chrome'
It may switch on automatically... But if not click the 3 dots top right of your page, hover over 'more tools' then click on extensions when the word appears .. Beebs should show there and you can switch it on and off.. I have been advised to turn it off when not in use..
Trev..