NordVPN users?

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
DavidatLWH

NordVPN users?

Post by DavidatLWH »

I updated my NordVPN on my iPad on Friday, and since then I've not been able to watch via BBC Iplayer. ITVHub & All4 are fine.

Anyone else had a problem?
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: NordVPN users?

Post by Dominic »

What does it say when you try?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Morning, Dominic.

I get the "an error has occurred" message. (Not the "outside the UK" message")

I've cleared the cache and (at the suggestion of NordVPN) tried to use one of several specific servers in the UK, but same result. NordVPN also suggested using a different browser - how can I do that on an iPad??
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Many thanks, RW. I'll try that later, but out of curiosity why should a different browser make any difference to using IPlayer, when it was working OK previously?
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Thanks, RW. Appreciate your taking the time to answer my question!

BR

David
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

One of the main bugbears for anybody doing web development is that different browsers can behave differently. This is because they are written in different ways to do the same thing. In fairness, it is a lot better than it used to be during the Netscape / IE days, but still, different browsers are fundamentally different bits of software. Consequently, though they will all have bugs, only some will have bugs that directly affect you.

I was getting Facebook to work on my Dad's PC a few days ago. It wouldn't work on Firefox or Chrome, but for some reason it would on Edge. That was probably related to the big FB problem they had yesterday.

In an ideal world, we would all use the same browser. The problem would go away then.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

How much space does a new browser take up (Piece of string question?). I ask as I am running low on space on my iPad - only 2GB left.

Also, when I call up iPlayer on my iPad, how do I know what browser is being used? I don't see any reference to safari when I use BBC iplayer, ITVhub etc.

Sorry if these Q's seem a bit naive!
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

I downloaded Chrome and called up BBC iPlayer. Now I get the iPlayer message "This content doesn't seem to be working".

Any suggestions, techies?

Many thanks in advance.