MAG subscriptions

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
keving

Re: MAG subscriptions

Post by keving »

vic 1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:42 pm right here's one for all the experts got the mag 250
cant get live tv can get catch up and films I'm in the uk at the moment it was working
ok live tv went of December 10 I'm with virgin media on 50mgb
tried on my brothers sky broadband still the same so that cancels out being blocked

also a friend of mine has the same box and same provider and is with sky broadband
and running ok so the question is it the box or the provider in cy

I'm not with simon or computer sos tried all I no any ideas
Vic
You say you have the same box and same IPTV provider as your friend and his works on sky broadband but yours doesn't work on your brothers sky broadband. Does your friend use a VPN or a DNS and you dont? That might be the answer if sky is geo-blocking your service. And also the answer if virgin is geo-blocking your service.

I'm also in the UK at the moment and using my mag250 with iptv360. I suggest you take advantage of their 5 day free trial. You never know, you might want to change IPTV provider after you see the quality of iptv360.
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

Hi keving thanks for that bit reluctant to try 360 as we spend up to 8 months
in cy was thinking of going with Simon when we go back in feb as I've seen his in action

and was impressed but on reflection I've got not nothing to lose so may give it try just to prove
a point box or provider

thanks for help

Vic
keving

Post by keving »

vic 1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 pm Hi keving thanks for that bit reluctant to try 360 as we spend up to 8 months
in cy was thinking of going with Simon when we go back in feb as I've seen his in action

and was impressed but on reflection I've got not nothing to lose so may give it try just to prove
a point box or provider

thanks for help

Vic
The 360 is the best IPTV provider that ive subscribed to in the last 4 years. And very happy with the price of £17.95 a month - even cheaper if you pay 3,6 or 12 months in advance. Works perfectly for me in the UK without a VPN of DNS.

Give the 5 day trial a try. You've nothing to lose and at the very least it might help you determine if its your box or your current provider which is at fault. Good luck.
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

thanks keving
just a thought could the block be in the box seems strange having tried it on sky

with same result

second I'm paid up till may and at the moment not to much of a problem as like you we have uk
tv just miss the footie but no big deal

If I go with 360 and still no good will I have to have it reset in cy in feb or get a new box
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

keving wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:24 am
Jimgward wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 am The subscription through Simon, we don't know who the provider is.... he installs special reconfiguration using a USB key, then configures a portal and this uses the service. I believe it "may" be Greek or Cypriot based, as the thousands of films have optional subtitles in Greek and some films are in Greek only.

Other than that, as Lloyd said, the system is very, very reliable, quality is excellent, catch-up on many channels and mostly works. Only downside is you cannot record. That has been disabled. I believe that is part of the configuration done by Simon. Apparently as some subscribers were rebroadcasting streams at one time.
Jim, if you ever wanted to change to another provider, 360 for example, how easy would it be for you? Does Simon's "reconfiguration" prevent you changing easily to another provider?

I'm still not sure why there has to be a "reconfiguration" or "programming" of a mag box when all other IPTV providers simply provide the user with a URL which is very easy to enter into the box using their step by step instructions. Takes 30 seconds maximum, you can't go wrong.
I presume I can reconfigure to any other provider. If necessary, I can do a factory reset.
keving

Post by keving »

vic 1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm thanks keving
just a thought could the block be in the box seems strange having tried it on sky

with same result

second I'm paid up till may and at the moment not to much of a problem as like you we have uk
tv just miss the footie but no big deal

If I go with 360 and still no good will I have to have it reset in cy in feb or get a new box
Your mag250 allows you to have 2 portals. At the moment you will have a URL entered into portal 1. If you go for a free trial with 360 enter their URL into portal 2. You dont over write the URL on portal 1.

When you switch the box on you will get a screen asking you which portal you want to use. If you have set up portal 2 for 360, you just click on portal 2 and this will bring up the menu options for 360 - TV, video club etc.

A trial will not affect your existing settings as long as you enter 360's URL in portal 2
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

thank you very much keving you are a star made more sense than my provider in cy
Vic
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

keving need help loaded 360 all ok so far but cant get past the the first page
as I don't understand the language and cant move on to menu

do I have to log in first if so where have got the codes and password

can you give me step by step guide please as I'm struggling with this at the moment

Vic
keving

Post by keving »

vic 1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:40 pm keving need help loaded 360 all ok so far but cant get past the the first page
as I don't understand the language and cant move on to menu

do I have to log in first if so where have got the codes and password

can you give me step by step guide please as I'm struggling with this at the moment

Vic
Hi Vic, I assume youve gone into settings > servers > portals and entered portal.360tv.es/stb into "Portal 2 URL" Then click OK and follow instructions to reboot device.

The box will then load.

This will then bring up a screen headed: "Select a portal for loading"

Select IPTV 360

This will bring up IPTV 360's password page.

IPTV 360 will have sent an email to you with a login number (mine was 10 digits) and a password (mine was 5 lower case letters and a number). Check your junk email folder.

Enter the login number and the password into the empty boxes on the IPTV 360 page. Press enter and this should bring up iptv360's home page.
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

hi keving tried that put in 360 in portal 2 when I press ok

it takes me to a main page that says felicitations in blue cant get to password page
vic
keving

Post by keving »

vic 1 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:23 pm hi keving tried that put in 360 in portal 2 when I press ok

it takes me to a main page that says felicitations in blue cant get to password page
vic
This has got me beat Vic. You could double check that you sent them the correct mac address. And even if you have, it is possible that they may have entered it incorrectly into their system.

I should email them at Accounts@IPTV360.es and tell them you are having problems and can't log in for the free trial. Ask them to check your mac address.
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

keving
thanks for all your help I have at long last cracked it and got it up and running
this proves to me it was not my provider or the box now happy with that

it must be out there and will sort that out when we go over in feb

I was missing a dot out and as you no cant see for looking

if you are ever in paphos give me a ring on 99935644 would like to buy you a drink
many thanks again
Vic
the fixer

Post by the fixer »

Hi all i am with computer sos and definately find them the best. I have tried several others ntv,and some from amazon and ebay but whist the channel lineup is good they dont have catchup and that is a must in cyprus with the time difference
jllvehdist

Post by jllvehdist »

We used to use NTV but have swapped to SPAM, It's a great price, has all the channels we require and the VOD is so up to date.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

SPAM.... your bbc 1 , bbc2 ,itv c4 c5 and bbc4 are they in HD ?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The service provided by Simon at Simply Satellites..... it reconfigures the box and prevents access to the inner portal needed to change/load any other service....

Not good at all....

Makes their service proprietary and destructive to any future change....
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Thanks Jimgward

I have asked previously what software he installs but failed to get an answer.
djtaylo

Post by djtaylo »

Can you use it on other devices, like laptop,Android tablet ? also has it got Sky and BT sports

Thanks
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I thought I would revive this old thread .

Is there any new providers for mag boxes ?

In this thread there was only a few mentioned , but they now appear to be gone .

Only looking because I love my mag system and would like to have a reserve but I con not find any .
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »