MAG subscriptions

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Jimgward

MAG subscriptions

Post by Jimgward »

I currently pay €250 a year, on the recommendations of Jim from CL... used it for 2 years. Very pleased with services and 1000s of films.... catch-up is sometimes iffy, but otherwise quality is great.

Used NTV.mx prior to this, which was a bit more expensive but pretty much same service.

Now looking for a larger number of stations to include German TV and maybe Other European...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim
keving

Re: MAG subscriptions

Post by keving »

Jimgward wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:21 pm I currently pay €250 a year, on the recommendations of Jim from CL... used it for 2 years. Very pleased with services and 1000s of films.... catch-up is sometimes iffy, but otherwise quality is great.

Used NTV.mx prior to this, which was a bit more expensive but pretty much same service.

Now looking for a larger number of stations to include German TV and maybe Other European...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim
Hi Jim, you could try www.iptv360.co.uk ... I month platinum package is £22.95 pm and includes 22 German channels (+ also 11 Belgian, 29 Dutch, 55 French, 20 Italian, 60 Portuguese). 3/6/12 months packages also available.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Many thanks for quick reply.... I'll check is out ;)
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Jimgward wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:21 pm I currently pay €250 a year, on the recommendations of Jim from CL... used it for 2 years. Very pleased with services and 1000s of films.... catch-up is sometimes iffy, but otherwise quality is great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim
Which provider do you use now?
Geoff.
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

I'm looking to change my provider as well is this 360 as good as
Simons i.e. stable and a good picture more or less same price for 12 months
Vic
keving

Post by keving »

vic 1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:08 pm I'm looking to change my provider as well is this 360 as good as
Simons i.e. stable and a good picture more or less same price for 12 months
Vic
Why not use 360's free 5 day trial and decide for yourself?
keving

Post by keving »

geoffreys wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim
Geoff.
The one recommended by Jim from CL
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

keving wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:25 pm

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jim
Geoff.
Well which one is that? I never managed to get Jim to say which it was - what the heck is the blinking secret ?
Geoff.
keving

Post by keving »

geoffreys wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 pm
keving wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:25 pm

Geoff.
Well which one is that? I never managed to get Jim to say which it was - what the heck is the blinking secret ?
Geoff.
It's €250 a year Geoff, payable in advance. Worth it? Or is NowTV better value?
vic 1

Post by vic 1 »

no big deal Simon at sensible satellites

Vic
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

vic 1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:04 pm no big deal Simon at sensible satellites

Vic
That is all I ever got out of Jim.
We live at the other end of the Island, miles away from Simon Sats.
I was just curious as to which IPTV Provider he uses.
Happy New Year
Geoff.
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

If like me you don't watch much live television (apart from a bit of sport) and never want catch up services €30 a month is a bit OTT.

I use Rapid IPTV and at €75 a year is good value with over 4000 channels.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

geoffreys wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:42 am

Vic
Happy New Year
Geoff.
I understand - its impractical for us to let Sensible Satellites have our box. We too have been trying to find out which service he resells so we can find another reseller.
keving

Post by keving »

merchant_banker wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:56 am

Vic
Happy New Year
Geoff.
I understand - its impractical for us to let Sensible Satellites have our box. We too have been trying to find out which service he resells so we can find another reseller.
Why let someone have your magbox to 'program it' when with all other IPTV providers you change the portal URL yourself?
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Every day someone comes up with a new IPTV solution, and FaceBook is awash with fly-by-night sellers or resellers. I suspect many expats have found a system that suits them, and then the service deteriorates or a better deal is discovered. And so the search goes on ...

We have been with our current provider for five months now, having previously been with NTV and then MBox IPTV (a RUYA reseller). We were pleased with both for some time but problems arose and - seemingly at the same time - prices rose. We now pay about £8.00 a month, although it is possible to subscribe at £75 a year. An excellent service to date, with around three hundred channels (and all the main ones in HD), and a growing library of movies (all 720 dpi minimum). For the sports' fans there is a six month catchup service, but not for the entertainment channels they offer. Many of the channels have HD and HD backup options, alongside SD channels as well. It is rare that we cannot access the channel we want.

However they do not offer a service to MAGS, and have no intention of doing so - apparently for security reasons. That bit is beyond my understanding. If anyone would like details, please PM me.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

keving wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:58 am
merchant_banker wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:56 am

Happy New Year
Geoff.
Why let someone have your magbox to 'program it' when with all other IPTV providers you change the portal URL yourself?
They claim they need to install some software
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Morning All,
I have to be honest Keving, neither the OH or myself are very good with gadgets & we prefer the simplicity of sending a quick
e-mail to have both the services switched on/off, so for us the most important thing is that they are reliable,spending a few extra Euros to ensure that continues is a small price too pay.
Having said that, if we were more ' techie ' then we too would probably look at other options. 😊
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I would not recommend paying for a year. As if the systems goes then you have lost your money.

I recommend Computer SOS in Chloraka. Brian and Cheryl will loan you a MAG Box for the weekend after showing you how it works in the shop. We have it and get every channel from Uk plus SKY plus many other too numerous to mention and many many films. We have 7 day catch up.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Lincoln wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:14 pm I would not recommend paying for a year. As if the systems goes then you have lost your money.

I recommend Computer SOS in Chloraka. Brian and Cheryl will loan you a MAG Box for the weekend after showing you how it works in the shop. We have it and get every channel from Uk plus SKY plus many other too numerous to mention and many many films. We have 7 day catch up.
Same supplier for us as well, and we pay 125 euros every 6 months .

Trev..
Trev..
Cogs123

Post by Cogs123 »

Hi Lincoln & Trevnhil,

We too are supplied by Computer SOS, Brian & Cheryl are really helpful we are more than happy with their service. 😊
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain