GMail login keeps changing from English (UK) to Greek

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
galexinda

GMail login keeps changing from English (UK) to Greek

Post by galexinda »

Have noticed over the past few weeks that the language settings change on the gmail login page. Sometimes it opens up in English only for it to revert to Greek when I log out, on other occasions I log out in English and next time I want to log in the instructions are in Greek. Easy to change from the drop down menu below the dialogue box, but the point is I shouldn't have to change it. I have deleted the GMail icon on the favourites bar and set up a new one and set it to English but still happens. As I log in/out each time I use GMail, it is rather time consuming. Any tips welcome. Thanks.
trevnhil

Re: GMail login keeps changing from English (UK) to Greek

Post by trevnhil »

When you choose / change the language, are you saving it.
This from the internet....
Open Gmail. Click the gear in the top right and select Settings. At the top of the page, select a language from the Gmail display language drop-down menu in the Language section. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Thanks Trev, have followed your instructions and the language is saved as English (UK).

Once I have opened G Mail it is always in English, Just the dialogue box at the beginning where I enter my User Name and Password that comes up in Greek and likewise after I have logged out. I always remove Name and Password at the end of each session.

Not looking forward to the upgrade to a 'New Look' in a couple of weeks. Have already tried it and don't like it.

Will follow language query when I have to take the computer into SOS for another problem. Happens so often I know where to click to get the desired results!

Thanks for your input, Trev.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Thanks Galexinda and Trev, have the same issue with Gmail and thought it was just me, will try Trev's fix.
Also wish that they would leave the format alone, don't like change!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Hi Boycott, still having issues with the English/Greek and likewise do not like the new format and have tried all three display settings, but nowhere as good as the original. Plus it takes longer to open up. Progress, hey??