TV again

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Tremigirl

TV again

Post by Tremigirl »

Is anyone else having problems getting catch up on ITV tonight?
Half the programmes are Not On File or No Sound or all out of sequence.
We are with SOS and this keeps happening so not very happy.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: TV again

Post by Dominic »

Have you tried contacting them?

Ours is fine.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

If you send Brian a text message he will respond 'out of hours'. Having said that, Computer SOS offers at least two different TV set ups, so perhaps you could clarify which system you are subscribing to Tremigirl?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Hope you have got the problem sorted and perhaps can let us know what was causing it. Thanks.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Tremigirl wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:13 pm Is anyone else having problems getting catch up on ITV tonight?
Half the programmes are Not On File or No Sound or all out of sequence.
We are with SOS and this keeps happening so not very happy.
We also have problems with SOS . Please let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Lefkes.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have been having problems with ITV this evening on our Box.. Even using the 'backup channel' the picture kept freezing.. We are not with SOS..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

For some time most Mags have been having problems, not in all areas but eventually we get this same problem, oddly I use two different suppliers but the problem usually is with both, I have been told and I posted this a few weeks ago the Internet provider, not the IPTV suppliers are the problem, maybe ask at the CYTA office, they told me it was upgraded's, but who tells the truth or knows the answer is anyone's guess, it seems we are all getting some problems usually in the evening when mass use for broadband is happening.

I suspect many homes here have holiday renters and they want to see Corry and such like, when the season calms down maybe we will all get a reliable service again. :)
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Speak for yourself as we just do not have any problems at all. We use a supplier (Swiss) and all is OK. Our Magbox is also old supplied by SOS.
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning Lincoln.

My old MAG 250 is also from SOS originally, but as posted it is not the IPTV supplier that is at fault, but usually your IT provider. Again they said (Cyta) are doing upgrades, bear with and all that.

Clearly I am not speaking just for myself, as there is a problem as stated with many IPTV MAG users, it will depend on your area maybe?, but for sure Cyta are doing something (as they said) or it is overuse of bandwidth,

You can, of course, see free TV online available to all, Corry included not that we watch rubbish TV, we prefer Sky like service and I am willing to pay for it. (I say again). https://tvcatchup.com/

Last night we had a clear to watch TV but chose to sit on our patio reading, no electronic devices but for a light. :D
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning.

Only this week it has this changed to "Transponder.tv" once you have made a free account it works the same as you say, I have used this daily for a few years on my PC, have BBC news running in the background while I do my internet stuff. Incidentally a trouble-free night again on both of my TV services just maybe it has been sorted, I did note that our Internet provider Cyta was running at full chat! .
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Granville.

I was, of course, referring to soaps as you well know, we never watch those in this house or reality shows, I particularly hate those, also we love good drama and the BBC offers the occasional good series including that you mention but Sky offers far more good TV on a regular basis, you should get Sky to find out, does not cost that much either. We miss nothing we wish to see, we have a two-week catchup! if needed.

Also, my reply was to Lincoln not you so why the quote paste? please don't. Finally I have the contacts for your so called free TV, I had it got the T shirt no thanks, how is Sky on your system? good?
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Have not watched ANY soaps (as they are refered to) forr many years. Prefer factual programmes. Sky is superb. :D
All things are possible
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

The new BBC drama Bodyguard is excellent. Not see Joanna Lumley show yet but heard good reports. Has anyone seen Killing Eve? Not sure which channel its on but saw a review in a newspaper.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Watched Killing Eve some time ago on a box set on my Mag, it is excellent, I thought the series just started on BBC was round two, unfortunately, it was not.

I wish I was as old as Coronation Steet it started in 1960 that would make me 13 years younger than I am Granville. And it is still crap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street

I have been watching Bodyguard it is not bad, but not factual :D wife like the leading man.(Richard Madden)
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Richard Madden aka Robb Stark GoT
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes Game of Thrones, now he was good in that, until his demise. Like most of the cast! :cry:
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Crap is crap and Corry like Eastenders fits that bill for me at least, but if it floats your boat then sail away :)
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Pm sent .
tonee

Post by tonee »

But Hudswell,does this box come with its own Brexit channel? :lol:
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lloyd I can tell you as I stupidly purchased one of those Android units, they do not compare with any MAG system in any way, no Sky sports or programming (Sky is important for me) and slow baby, very slow, do not even consider one as you will soon be selling it off as I did.

You can get most of what Android offers easy enough on any computer, that's where they get there programming from the Internet, even if it is illegal :lol:
Jim.