Cracked I-pad Screen

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Firefly

Cracked I-pad Screen

Post by Firefly »

MOH has cracked the screen of his I-pad, it is a clean crack straight across it. It still functions perfectly well, so does the screen have to be replaced or can the crack be ignored ?

Thanks Guys.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
ApusApus

Re: Cracked I-pad Screen

Post by ApusApus »

No you don't if it functions ok, my wife dropped her's a while ago & cracked the screen but it works fine & the cracks have not got any worse! All you need to do is make sure that you regularly back up any photos, etc you have on it which is easy to do ........... I back her's up onto my laptop via the Ipad charger cable!

Shane
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Oh my, now I'm not sure which way to jump.

Thanks for the replies.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

New screen will be in the €100 bracket provided the corners of the frame have not been damaged.
If it still functions okay then get yourself a stick on screen protector, that will help hold it together.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Thanks again Guys, something else to consider.

Jackie
Kia Picanto

Post by Kia Picanto »

I cracked the screen of my iPad mini, while on a cruise. As I use it for taking photos, I was almost bereft, (sad, I know). However, it worked fine, though the screen was very damaged. Once home, I contacted Apple, and was offered a replacement for a very good price. I'm MUCH more careful now!

Might be worth asking Apple, Jackie.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Kia Picanto

Thank you I will see what they say.

Jackie