BEST NON SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE FOR TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
EMMAFUDGE

BEST NON SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE FOR TV

Post by EMMAFUDGE »

Hello

I wondered if anyone could advise on which would be the best non subscription tv package for our holiday apartment. We have a fully loaded Mag box here in the UK but with the recent problems we are reluctant to bring it to use whilst we are on holiday so we are looking for something that is subscription free which we could watch the main UK channels on. Sports/films not essential.

Many thanks
Karen
EMMAFUDGE

Re: BEST NON SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE FOR TV

Post by EMMAFUDGE »

Thank you. I can't reply via pm as I haven't made enough posts, but appreciate the recommendation
JimX

Post by JimX »

You do not get much for nothing, best to pay the ferryman. But there are free TV services that can also be found on the internet that anyone can use they are Android based the same as the free service you can get here, been there and not for me, you will not beat the service providers offer here that is for sure, as they say nothing like a free lunch. :D good luck.

Some providers will switch on or off your service so as you do not pay while off the island, or you can pay for a basic service that is still far better than Android providers, all are illegal. But what the hell, there is no legal way to watch UK TV.

Soon Sky say they will offer a streaming service, that is conjecture at the moment and it will probably be expensive.
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I watch free UKTV on my computer and also have a lead to connect the computer to the television (the Magbox lead fits both). A few choices if you search on your browser, some include sport channels. No catch up but handy when I'm on holiday or want to watch a different programme to other members of the household.
EMMAFUDGE

Post by EMMAFUDGE »

Hi,
Thank you for all your replies. Im not necessarily after someone for nothing, Im happy to pay a good price for a loaded box, but I dont need the extras such as sports, films etc. Our visits to Cyprus are short (8-9 days) and sometimes infrequent due to ageing family here in the UK, so would prefer not to pay a monthly subscription if not necessary.

Happy in Cyprus, I know you said that the other months problems were a storm in a teacup, however when we brought our box from the UK last year to use in Cyprus (Purchased in Cyprus) it was scrambled and we had to contact the seller to get it unscrambled and I dont want the hassle on short visits.

Hudswell, thank you for the recommendation, I shall go and see what I can get when I arrive on the 12th.

Many Thanks
WHL

Post by WHL »

EMMAFUDGE wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:01 pm Hi,
Thank you for all your replies. Im not necessarily after someone for nothing, Im happy to pay a good price for a loaded box, but I dont need the extras such as sports, films etc. Our visits to Cyprus are short (8-9 days) and sometimes infrequent due to ageing family here in the UK, so would prefer not to pay a monthly subscription if not necessary.

Happy in Cyprus, I know you said that the other months problems were a storm in a teacup, however when we brought our box from the UK last year to use in Cyprus (Purchased in Cyprus) it was scrambled and we had to contact the seller to get it unscrambled and I dont want the hassle on short visits.

Hudswell, thank you for the recommendation, I shall go and see what I can get when I arrive on the 12th.

Many Thanks
Get yourself a kodi box, then pay for Ultimate mania, the best around...you can get just the Entertainment package without the sport, then just bring the box over with you,
JimX

Post by JimX »

Just to clear this up, it was only ONE supplier who several resellers used, I had three running at that time only one supplier was down for two weeks, all OK now with a free two months extra, no loss I did not miss any program and happy that the one supplier who was affected is now back up and running just a good as before the hitch.

No names but you all know who this supplier or reseller is.
Jim.
Pafos

Post by Pafos »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:05 am
EMMAFUDGE wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:01 pmHappy in Cyprus, I know you said that the other months problems were a storm in a teacup, however when we brought our box from the UK last year to use in Cyprus (Purchased in Cyprus) it was scrambled and we had to contact the seller to get it unscrambled and I dont want the hassle on short visits.

Following the disruption and timeout, all of us had to get our boxes re-configured, but once done we've not had to do anything further since. Hopefully that will be a one-off.
Mines offline now with that supplier...
JimX

Post by JimX »

So is mine, perfectly OK, with the same provider, have you subscribed? or have you paid for the service? if yes then contact the service provider? seems obvious to me.
Jim.