More problems with IPT TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
AFJ

More problems with IPT TV

Post by AFJ »

Received a text from our provider yesterday saying that Cyta are going to check if you're using IPT TV Feb 16 and block your router, they have a way of masking the router with another router yet more money to outlay. Anyone heard this ?

AFJ
MacManiac

Re: More problems with IPT TV

Post by MacManiac »

Surely a VPN would ensure your privacy. A second router to "mask" your Cyta router would seem to be overkill.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Why would CYTA give notice of their intentions, why don't they just do it?
Amos.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I doubt it. Haven't heard any plaintive howls on the forums.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:15 pm Well, based on the OP we took additional precautions. The fact remains that over the past 15 years, CYTA's share of the Cyprus telecoms market has dropped from 100% to well under 65%. If they were to bar users who use an iptv box, sending their customers to competitors, that would drive their market share down even further. Whatever they like their public stance to be, do turkeys vote for Christmas?
Exactly.
Amos.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Anyone bought the device that is supposed to disguise the fact that a TV supplier other than CYTA is being used? Friends in Paphos told me they paid €15 earlier in the week to have one attached.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Well I don’t know if it’s the weather or CYTA but we just lost everything.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I haven't turned the TV on this morning but I watched it until around 10-45 last night.
Trev..
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Must have been the weather fine this morning, kept getting connection problems in red at the top of the screen then just went off completely, although all the green lights were stable.
Last edited by Discobolus on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ours is OK as well :-)
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

Ours is still not right. We have only just had a couple of new additions on the video club and some of the catch up is saying "file missing" . Some things seem to get sorted then something else is not right! This is the server that was down the longest.I think I will need to contact the agent tomorrow. ;)
exodus

Post by exodus »

It would help if posters could say which provider they are using.
Otherwise we are comparing oranges with lemons.
Not much point otherwise IMO.
Amos.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 am But why would you be interested to know? I thought you said that you don't watch UK iptv?

Anyway, our sevice is as good as it was previously, HD channels, catch-up, all seems to be working well and we gained two months to our renewal date.
I don't, just passing interest really, prior to SKY's new IPTV service later this year which will include some USA channels
I do like.
However I would have thought info on providers etc would be of interest to other UK tv fans.
Amos.
JimX

Post by JimX »

"I don't, just passing interest really, prior to SKY's new IPTV service later this year which will include some USA channels
I do like.
However I would have thought info on providers etc would be of interest to other UK tv fans.
Amos."

I doubt that this new online Sky service will be successful as it probably will be too expensive as was Skys satellite service when it was available, then I was paying €75 a month for the service, no doubt and we shall see this online will be just as overpriced.

I have three servers for my IPTV (don't ask) and for those who have been bating those of us who use IPTV through a service provider it was only the one system that was offline for a few week, now up and running again with almost as good a service, I have tried the Android system but disliked it personally, for those who posted gloom and doom bating messages then they were wrong.

I think it very important that UK ex-pats get a good TV system, we don't all sit on the beach all day. :)

I agree with Lloyd why do you wish to know this information if as you say you do not watch UK IPTV, I hope you like a few others here are not trying to wind members up?

This forum does use the PM system, then contact members regarding providers this way.
Jim.
exodus

Post by exodus »

In reply to "Jim":
Sorry, I was not trying to wind anyone up. In future I will take your advice and use Private Mails.
Regards SKY's new IPTV service their press release suggested it would not only have UK channels but from many
other places also, including USA.
Thank you,
Amos.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

What I don't understand are the providers offering 1000+ channels in every language under the sun (except Schwytzertuutsch!). My provider is offering about 30 English language channels and I don't even watch more than half-a-dozen of them.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

IF Sky launch an offer - it will be not unlike their Now TV offering... and I very much doubt you'll see anything in Cyprus for years - even then, forget any BBC content
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

exodus - it's not so long ago that people were being advised not to mention their TV supplier in any public forum due to the ongoing clampdown. It seems most people have found a system that works for them. For those that had recently paid a subscription in advance it must be a relief.
exodus

Post by exodus »

galexinda wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 pm exodus - it's not so long ago that people were being advised not to mention their TV supplier in any public forum due to the ongoing clampdown. It seems most people have found a system that works for them. For those that had recently paid a subscription in advance it must be a relief.
All noted thanks.
Amos.
JimX

Post by JimX »

[quote=galexinda post_id=51602 time=1519044531 user_id=83]
exodus - it's not so long ago that people were being advised not to mention their TV supplier in any public forum due to the ongoing clampdown. It seems most people have found a system that works for them. For those that had recently paid a subscription in advance it must be a relief.
[/quote][/i]

Morning, and again it was only the one local service provider that went down, no others, it has been reinstated and those that did pay will have an extra month or two added to their paid accounts, I am one of them, it was all rather overblown.

So hudswell you are going for this still illegal Sky system as the one you now have that is almost free (Android) maybe not I'm guessing. :roll: remember please as you seem to forget it was not us EU ex-pats who wanted Sky to go in the first instance, they forced us to find another way, turns out it is a better way, so I thank them, but not for the overcharging us over many years, it's their own faults. Also please do not think your Android system is legal because it isn't.
Jim.