SOS TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Sadie

SOS TV

Post by Sadie »

Hi all
Has anyone else's SOS tv gone down....are we the victim of the clampdown?
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
TLR

Re: SOS TV

Post by TLR »

We have or rather had IPTV with Citycell Limassol until about 3.30 pm today, now gone.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

The Aquila wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm Apparently the main server is having maintenance
Hi
Have you spoken to SOS we can't get an answer ....if it's down for maintainence did they say for how long plz?
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

We cannot get any tv and are with SOS has anyone got anymore information?
AndrewA

Post by AndrewA »

Mine is down too.
Pippa

Post by Pippa »

Sensible Satellites is also down - "Wifi not connected ... IP not available ... MAC not available". Maybe they use the same servers.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Just phoned my man who supplied the box and he is unable to reach his supplier . No longer answering calls etc.
Could be a few hours he says might be days or possibly the end.
Dusting off the DVDs before heading off to the pub. They might be crowded tonight !! Now where did I put my Kindle as might be reading a lot this weekend.

Cheers, Mike
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Just to add that we too have lost TV via the mag box...
Trev..
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

Andy's system seems to be working fine -for now
darrow

Post by darrow »

Ours went down around 5p.m. we are with sensible satellites. Our neighbour's is down too. He is with SOS. I rang Cyta, not the internet! Usually a notice comes on when maintenance is going to be done. I have messaged Simon, since I don't expect anyone to turn out. He will probably contact me tomorrow if he knows anything. Back to reading books or watching old american films on local tv! :D
holitec

Post by holitec »

!
Last edited by holitec on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

We're down in Anarita - SOS clients
holitec

Post by holitec »

!
Last edited by holitec on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimX

Post by JimX »

One off my systems went down but my other system is working as normal. So it is not all servers.

I think just a hic-up and should be back on line soon.

I do know a few who will be gloating.. :lol:
Last edited by JimX on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We just got a message fro SOS the server is down at the moment. No TV but wifi is strong. Ah well i will have to chat to the wife...I suppose. Mind you I have got a good book to read as well.
All things are possible
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I do hope nobody is gloating as Jim suggested they might be. If you have paid in advance (and I know many have paid a year upfront) and the service goes down, or disappears, then you have my sympathy. It really is a game of cat and mouse. I would pay for a service which was legitimate if one existed, but it does not. And so, as with many other people, I research and dip my toes into the water, and hope for the best.

No doubt there will be a flurry of "My service is up and yours is down" posts, which really helps nobody. I think I am on my fifth provider in five years, and have been with my current provider for over a year. I subscribed initially for a month, and then another month, and finally bit the bullet and I subscribe for three months at a time. I will not subscribe for longer than that (despite the fact it is cheaper) as all services are susceptible to interference and can be taken down.

To all those of you who have lost their service, I hope you find something else reliable and good. In winter we all need our tv.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There has been zero gloating. None. I have moved the previous post to The Pit. It is the first entrance to the pit in quite some time. Let it be the last.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I agree with HIC, the gap will be filled..........I hope!!!
JimX

Post by JimX »

Dominic wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:31 pm There has been zero gloating. None. I have moved the previous post to The Pit. It is the first entrance to the pit in quite some time. Let it be the last.

Really Dom, are you very sure? no gloating... :D

Agree with your comments Lloyd.

Mac, I am thinking this is just a glitch as I previously posted, all website from time to time go down, if this is the case lets hope for those who have lost this service it will soon be restored, I am one of them to have lost one of my servers, it will soon be back on line I hope, fortunately for me I have another system that is working as normal, perhaps the TV police have not found them, I'm sure those who have lost their IPTV it should be restored very soon.

Fingers crossed.

I remember about 14 years ago when I lived in Peyia, most ex-pats used hooky Sky systems, I had a huge 3 meter chunk of metal called a Satellite dish on my roof, we were then warned that any household with a dish would be fined, it never happened, why well all the bars in town used the same service as the rest of us did, the authorities realised that this would effect trade and tourist's that would maybe put some off coming to live or just holidaying on the island, god forbid, the bars kept their dishes, and those looking for TV sports etc, again this could all have been trouble free if the UKTV offered an online paid subscription service that would also benefit them, but that is too easy I guess.

There is always this for Android users.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... v+channels
Jim.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Apparently this is CYTA driven as the boxes are in direct competition to their own Cytavision offering. So as they probably "know where they live" it could get quite exciting.
Anyone ever tried their home product ?
Cheers Mike