WIFI/PRINTER PROBLEM

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
surreyboy

Re: WIFI/PRINTER PROBLEM

Post by surreyboy »

Might be getting there. Sounds like your wifi signal is weak.
Try using the ipad closer to the router.
Try rotating the antenna on the router.
Chin up! ;)
Royal

Post by Royal »

Sounds like you need to set up the printer to recognise the network being supplied by the new router which is done on the printer itself.

In 'setttings' on the printer, there will be a wireless icon which you should select. It then gives you the choice of connecting via 'WPS' or 'other'. If you select 'other' the printer will search (like a smartphone or iPad) for wireless networks. When it finds yours, select it and enter the password. It wil then always remember the network (again, much like a smartphone or iPad does).
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:16 pm Well I sorted my problem thanks to the hints on here and on line.
I asked the laptop to find the printer.... No, not there. So I asked it to install a printer and put in the exact name from my other laptop.... It then looked for a driver, and Bingo I have wireless printing now :-)
I'm glad you were able to resolve your printer problem trevnhill :D x
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

surreyboy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:02 pm Might be getting there. Sounds like your wifi signal is weak.
Try using the ipad closer to the router.
Try rotating the antenna on the router.
Chin up! ;)
Hi surreyboy, thanks for the comments.

The wifi signal is very strong, I'm sitting right next to the router! It is also strong if I move around with the iPad.

The new router does not appear to have an antenna.

I'm not there yet!

When I switched on this morning, the printer was showing on the iPad. When I went back to it 15 minutes later it had disappeared. I just don't understand this. The printer was on the laptop, I sent something to print and nothing happened but around one and half hours later, out it popped from the printer. Something is wrong somewhere.

My chin is still up and I am soldiering on until I find the cause. :D

I wonder if there are any further suggestions out there please??
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Royal wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 pm Sounds like you need to set up the printer to recognise the network being supplied by the new router which is done on the printer itself.

In 'setttings' on the printer, there will be a wireless icon which you should select. It then gives you the choice of connecting via 'WPS' or 'other'. If you select 'other' the printer will search (like a smartphone or iPad) for wireless networks. When it finds yours, select it and enter the password. It wil then always remember the network (again, much like a smartphone or iPad does).
Thanks Royal. One of the first things I did when I had set up the network with the new router, was to set up the printer to recognise the network, exactly as you have suggested above. But just to be sure, I did go through the process again yesterday. I think I've exhausted that possible solution, but thanks for the thought Royal X
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Silly question maybe but have you got the correct driver software installed on your PC/Laptop for your printer?
It must be the one to match your operating system (OS) (e.g. for windows 10 if you run 10, etc).
If you go onto the HP (I think you said it was an HP printer) bung in the model number and OS Number and then download the driver software.
Geoff.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

geoffreys wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:34 am Silly question maybe but have you got the correct driver software installed on your PC/Laptop for your printer?
It must be the one to match your operating system (OS) (e.g. for windows 10 if you run 10, etc).
If you go onto the HP (I think you said it was an HP printer) bung in the model number and OS Number and then download the driver software.
Geoff.
Not a silly question and one I had thought about. The drivers on my printer were originally for windows 8 and when I upgraded I download the drivers for win 10. Everything worked perfectly well on my old router, it's the new one that has caused all the problems, but I thought I would try again so download the drivers again. Made no difference but thank you georffreys for the suggestion :D X
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Not that this helps you at all, but I have always found HP printers and their software to be very temperamental, so much so that I eventually chucked the two I had (not wifi) and bought a Brother All-in-one (wifi) from Computer SOS at a very silly price. Never had a moments problem with it and it produces good results.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

surreyboy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:09 pm Not that this helps you at all, but I have always found HP printers and their software to be very temperamental, so much so that I eventually chucked the two I had (not wifi) and bought a Brother All-in-one (wifi) from Computer SOS at a very silly price. Never had a moments problem with it and it produces good results.
I'm thinking along those lines. I've given up trying to figure out why the iPad can't see the printer. It simply means I'll have to send anything I want to print to the laptop. It's just an annoying mystery! :D :D
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

I would like to thank everyone who tried to help by coming up with ideas to resolve the problem. A great response. XXX
Andy01424

Post by Andy01424 »

ok as i am in UK just googled the router i think Cyta use if you have the TG585 v7 the wps button is on rear BUT if you have the V8 version its built in [ these are both used by Plusnet in the UK] and yup apparently lots of people have been suffering problems apparently theres a bug in the software,connects disconnects not showing,to be honest thought the TG was useless,so if you have a user name password get a more reliable router ,ours showed strong signal but couldnt get it working on wireless 2 rooms down,

Another thing you could try is go into the router [admin/admin usually use default ip addresss] and change the braodcasting channel number,think default is 11, 11 could be clashing with something your home...home phone mobiles remotes