Forward a Facebook Message

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Firefly

Forward a Facebook Message

Post by Firefly »

I have received a message on Facebook from a friend warning me of a charge to use it from tomorrow, and to pass it to ten other Facebook friends to prevent me being charged. I don't seem to be able to forward to anyone from my laptop. Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
PhotoLady

Re: Forward a Facebook Message

Post by PhotoLady »

Don't even bother Jackie - it's just another false news (hoax) story that appears on facebook every few months. People just don't check up on these things before they forward them and they kick the whole thing off again.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

PhotoLady,

I did wonder if it was a hoax, thank you for the info.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Definite wind-up.

It is basically information harvesting. It is important if you get any emails like that not to click on any links in them. They may lead you to sites that look like facebook (or amazon or paypal, or whatever the scam is about), but aren't. You enter your username and password thinking you are logging in to facebook but you aren't. You are telling some crook your details.

If you are ever unsure, ask here on other forums, or look on snopes like Road Warrior said.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
keving

Post by keving »

Even if Facebook were going to charge people 'from tomorrow' how could they charge you if you have never given them them your credit card details or your bank account details?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

RW

Thanks for the links.

Dominic

It wasn't an email, just a message sent to me via Facebook, from a friend, but thanks for the info.

Keving

As for bank account details, just to send a cheque gives a lot of information re. you and your bank account. I've had my debit card details used fraudulently in the past, scary.

Jackie
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Also, your friend may have had their fb account hacked. Might be worth contacting them via another source to see if the meant to send it.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

No she sent it to me, we talked today, but she now knows it was a hoax. Thanks anyway.

Jackie