Cyta speed test

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Sashascot

Cyta speed test

Post by Sashascot »

Have had problems with mag-box. Advised to try above test. As I am not sure how to interpret results, perhaps someone could give advice.Over one hour ,tests went from 6mbps download and 0.9 upload to 20 Mbps download and 1.0 upload. I pay for30 Mbps. Would like advice before I ring Cyta. Thanks
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Cyta speed test

Post by Devil »

theoretically, if you pay for a 30 Mb/s, this is what you should get. In practice, you should normally get more than about 25. That having been said, I pay for 30 that usually get between 20 and 22, Cyta stating that we are at the extreme end of a line. Personally, I would not tolerate less than 20, although I would want more, if only! I could imagine that if all the houses in your street were watching a football match at the same time, then it may drop slightly lower, say 18, but anything less would not be tolerable.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It’s not clear if your Mag box is hardwired in or connected using Wi-Fi as that will also make a difference.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If you have an ethernet cable the first thing you should do is connect to the router via ethernet, disable wireless connections (or at least disconnect your phone, turn off the mag box etc) and run the speed test from the computer. That way you can see what the true speed is. Coincidentally, this will also be what they tell you to do as well.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Sashascot

Post by Sashascot »

Thanks for advice.Turned mag-box off and disconnected phone. Same results as yesterday.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You need to phone CYTA and ask them to investigate.. They are usually very good at dealing with problems
Trev..