The Beginning of the End?

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Dr.Dick

Re: The Beginning of the End?

Post by Dr.Dick »

Mornin' All,
Does anyone know a company who install TV-stream boxes,.. run by Will Borsch? I have more custom for him.
A phone number or email address would help.
Thanks
Doc
JimX

Post by JimX »

Granville so what that we wish to pay for a server? you are still watching pirated TV, not sure again as I said of your warped stance on this. There is no other way legally as you and others say to watch UK TV, as far as I know, and unless you do of course, again very happy to pay for a Mag server, I have tried Triotec and hated it, you can get all they give you free on any PC. And why should I scoff? again very happy to pay for a better system, even though we are like you doing it illegally. :roll: And why wait for Sky? it could be a very long time a coming, it is Sky who killed their service to us ex-pats.
Jim.
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

Allesley
Jim as you can buy MAG250 boxes (clean) from Amazon, how to you know your subscription supplier is any more legal than kodi streams. I think the point was being made that just by paying does not guarantee legality. In the case of BBC and ITV services it is definitely not legal because of copyright issues outside of UK.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Dave, they are not as you say anymore legal, I never said they were, to be honest, I do not care as long as Mags continue, we all mostly use some sort of streaming devices these days or use a PC to find UK TV, they are all hooky, all of them, but what the hell it is the BBC and Sky who have forced us to do this, I was a long-standing Sky user over 25 years, not only in the UK but here on the island with stupidly large dishes, thankfully now gone.

Just purchased from AMAZON Germany my third Mag unit, all in use too. All my units came clean as you say! Amazon UK do not like to send Mags out here, but Amazon DE has no problems and cheaper too.

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... R4KQ7P63RL

You either watch streaming units illegally or not then so be it, welcome to the illegal viewing club, watch out for those TV licence detector vans. :lol:

Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

The EU passed a new law this week , although regarding mobile devices , I wonder if it will have any implications for tv streaming ?

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_ST ... 382_en.htm
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

Allesley wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 4:07 pm watch out for those TV licence detector vans. :lol:
I have seen it driving round Trimithousa, we all thought it was yours. :lol:
JimX

Post by JimX »

As you know Dave I could not afford one, for all our sakes who actually live on the island lets hope streaming is left alone, after all, what else is there?(I do mean good TV) not a lot.
Last edited by JimX on Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Polemi Dave

Post by Polemi Dave »

Allesley wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 am ........................ after all, what else is there? not a lot.
I am afraid that is rather sad :cry:
Life is what you make it and I only wish there were 48 hours every day to get out and do all the things I would like to. Cyprus is so full of new things to do and see, no matter how long I live, I will not have seen it all. :D TV is for cold winter nights, whereas the long summer evenings are for sitting out chatting, watching the sunsets, midnight swims, bbq's most days. The only exception is maybe for those few days when it is just too hot to be out. There are not many of those too hot evenings in the hilly village of Polemi where we rarely need the AC. I am not suggesting you move Jim, I am sure there are other summer delights Trimithousa/Tala way, like the amphitheatre and being closer to Paphos for the various summer shows.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Dave, you are in business, I am long time retired now 16 years on Cy, I do not booze my life away like so many other ex-pats do, I walk a lot as you know, but "good" TV is important to us, I have seen most of the Island now and as much as I love living here you do need other distractions I feel. Not one for social activities these days, done my share of those as you may remember, but NO regrets and thank god we have decent TV now. :geek:

We also never need AC in our village never really liked cold draught down my neck, I do like Polemi but a little too far out in the sticks for me, I will never move now, as they say my last resting place is not that far down the road I do mean in this village.

We also do as you mentioned, what else is there.... :) By the way Dave never feel sad for me mate I have all I want, except that detection van..
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Do not waste your typing finger, Lloyd... :lol:
Jim.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Allesley wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm Do not waste your typing finger, Lloyd... :lol:
No, please don't. I think we have all suffered enough. :mrgreen: