Office 365

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Oakland

Office 365

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

Has anyone taken up this offer and everything has gone to plan , so to speak .

On a well know sales site here , people are offering Office 365 , for 15 or 20 euros, they say you go to the Microsoft site and download the program , and for the fee they provide the access code .

What’s your experience or thoughts

Thanks

Les
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Office 365

Post by Devil »

Oakland wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:49 pm Hi Guys

Has anyone taken up this offer and everything has gone to plan , so to speak .

On a well know sales site here , people are offering Office 365 , for 15 or 20 euros, they say you go to the Microsoft site and download the program , and for the fee they provide the access code .

Thanks

Les
I have installed office 365 without any problems but I'm idiot enough to pay €90??? per year for the privilege! These cheap versions are mostly from firms or individuals who buy up the excess software licenses from companies who may, for example, purchase 10,000 versions but use only 8000 of them and sell the rest in a CD or, more often, as a download. Strictly speaking, it is probably illegal but nobody seems to care. I believe the main difference is that, if you pay Microsoft for the software you will usually get a few updates in the course of the year.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I pay yearly for my license, but I am not an idiot. I just happen to think that software writers deserve to get paid for their efforts. I also pay for a subscription to Adobe, and that doesn't come cheap. Then there's the online subscriptions to an image / audio library I use, plus other sundry expenses. It's called "not being a pikey".

And the licenses are usually OEM and sold with computers. What this scam involves is selling an old PC that has been scrapped, along with the OEM license. Officially you would be buying the complete computer if you wanted to do it properly. Some of the less dodgy sites even give you the option to pick up the hardware from their warehouse in the Orkneys.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
J B

Post by J B »

Oakland wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:49 pm Has anyone taken up this offer and everything has gone to plan , so to speak .

I paid the extortionate price of £9.99 for a five user lifetime version about a year ago, which is still going strong on the 3 PC's that I put it on.
I bought myself a new PC in September but couldn't remember the password for the above :roll: so spent £3.99 on another similar - so far so good although this one often pops up saying 'account error, please sign in again' which I do and away we go .....
J B