Cyta Router

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
glang3000

Re: Cyta Router

Post by glang3000 »

Hi,

You have to have the CYTA router, I tried using a bought one but they do not work.

Gary
Oxfordboy

Re: Cyta Router

Post by Oxfordboy »

There's two distinct elements involved with a router - the DSL (in CYTA's case) which connects the router to the internet itself via the telephone line and which I believe you can't change, and the WiFi which connects your wireless devices to the router. You can't make the DSL side of things more "powerful" without upgrading the line speed, but you can relatively easily hook up another router/repeater to the CYTA router if you feel the CYTA router degrades the WiFi signal too much or doesn't reach some parts of your house.

There will always be some loss of speed with WiFi anyway, but depending on the age of your CYTA router, you may want to try adding something with better WiFi capability, and it's certainly worth seeing if there's a newer router available from CYTA. I've always found them excellent in terms of exchanging equipment for the latest available if you ask. They recently upped my line speed as part of their free speed upgrade which involved adding a second line and a new "Fritz" router and I have to say it's absolutely brilliant.