Can anyone help-Facebook Prob

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Mrblobby

Re: Can anyone help-Facebook Prob

Post by Mrblobby »

J B wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:37 am BUMP - sorry

FB seems to have reverted to that horrible new 'upgrade'

Despite me setting FB Purity to 'switch back to the old design' ... it doesn't

Anyone else having this problem since today?
Yes got the same problem , FB Purity no longer works , plus the two links I posted no longer work .

It looks like FB have decided YOU WILL have the new layout .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am still on the old layout this morning, but I suppose it may refuse to revert back next time it changes me to the new one :-(
Trev..
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Steve, the guy who runs FBP has done a "fix" which works for anyone who uses Firefox browser - apparently, it gets new apps and updates passed more quickly than Chrome etc.

I've done it on my firefox browser this morning and it's fine... I've found an alternative fix for my other browsers for now - albeit they run a little slow.

You need to download a small Add On / Extension for your browser.

See his post here:
Awesome news! I've been working very hard on getting Revert Site working again, & succeeded! The new version uses a different method to get the old site back than before and this time should have fewer side effects (video and audio calls should work ok for instance)

The Firefox version is now available in the Firefox add-ons directory. That company has the fastest approval times for extension updates, and they have already approved the working update. You can get the working version of Revert Site for Firefox via https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/revert-site/

I will post here when the other browser (Chrome, Opera and Edge) versions of Revert Site are approved and go live. Please be patient.

If you appreciate all the work I've put into making this and getting it working again, you can help out by spreading the word about Revert Site, and F.B. Purity.

You can also help me out by donating if you can, Donation links are available on the revertsite.com and fbpurity .com websites.

If you try the Firefox version and find it working, please leave a 5* review at the download site listed above. If you have any problems or issues with the new version, please let me know..

I will be working on getting the revert code integrated into F.B. Purity ASAP too.

Best Regards,

Steve
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
J B

Post by J B »

Just uninstalled and reinstalled FBP, but no better so then installed 'revert site' as well ans we are up and running like the 'olden days'!!!
J B
J B

Post by J B »

But now today, it's back to the old awful mess again :roll: ............... HELP!!! :)
J B
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I'm not on my laptop just now so will check later.

I took the other fix off for my chrome and brave browsers yesterday as it was too slow but on Firefox the revertsite download was perfect. So I was running with classic and new in tandem all day.

On my mobile, I use Facebook Lite which is much nicer to deal with than the original app.

The only worry about keeping in revert is eventually, I feel something will have to give as it's going to stop regular updates which we know are always happening with Facebook and the Classic look is going to be defunct.
It may be we will just have to learn to live with it.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:24 am I'm not on my laptop just now so will check later.

I took the other fix off for my chrome and brave browsers yesterday as it was too slow but on Firefox the revertsite download was perfect. So I was running with classic and new in tandem all day.

On my mobile, I use Facebook Lite which is much nicer to deal with than the original app.

The only worry about keeping in revert is eventually, I feel something will have to give as it's going to stop regular updates which we know are always happening with Facebook and the Classic look is going to be defunct.
It may be we will just have to learn to live with it.
I would imagine that we will get used to the new design just in time for the new, new design.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

That's what I'm guessing too Dominic - because no matter how many times FBP tweaks with it they cannot keep replicating a particular look that is basically being cast aside..... there will come a time that it just cannot be worked upon anymore.
Steve has pretty much said the same himself in the comment I've posted below.

Anyway, here is the info posted from Steve (FBP)

Disaster strikes for Revert Site. It looks like Facebook have closed the loophole that the Revert Site extension was using to get the old Facebook design back.
I will try and find a way around it, but this could be the end of the old design for us, unless you are a Page or Group admin, and have the option at the top left of the group/page itself to revert for 48 hours.
I guess I will just need to resume work on improving F.B. Purity's functionality for the new Facebook design.
Thanks for all the support folks, it really is much appreciated.
BTW If you have FBP's "Switch back to old Facebook design" option turned on, turn it off, as the option is no longer working, and may cause unexpected side effects.. If you have the "Revert Site" extension installed, disable that too for now in the browser's extensions management page, as that extension could also cause unwanted side effects.
J B

Post by J B »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 pm Disaster strikes for Revert Site. It looks like Facebook have closed the loophole that the Revert Site extension was using to get the old Facebook design back.
Revert Site is working again ..... :D
J B
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am on Face Book many hours of the day between 6am and 11pm. Although FB switch me to the New format every couple of days, up to now I have always been able to switch back to 'Classic'.
Trev..
J B

Post by J B »

Hmm - it seems to be back to the annoying 'improvement' again :twisted:
J B
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I'm just rolling with the new version. I've decided it's better to just try to get on with it.

I do have 3 separate pages plus my own personal page so it offers me the option to switch back for 48hrs when I'm in the business manager.

In addition, I run a fb help group, which also allows the same but I don't think Classic is going to reappear as we know it, so I reckon we just have to either like it or lump it.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Same here yesterday it went back to the NEW Facebook version. I deleted the "fbpurity" and downloaded the new FBPURITY.COM now happily on the Classic/old Facebook page. I am on Firefox. :D
All things are possible