Bluetooth headphones for TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
MacManiac

Bluetooth headphones for TV

Post by MacManiac »

Can anyone help with my search for Bluetooth headphones which I can pair with my sound bar? My wife often goes to bed before me, and I then watch films where the volume needs to be high enough to waken her. I have looked on Amazon and so many of the headphones cannot be delivered to Cyprus. I’m not looking to spend a fortune but would prefer decent quality.
mike strand2

Re: Bluetooth headphones for TV

Post by mike strand2 »

You don't need to look at Amazon, support local businesses, e.g. Stephanis, Public and the like. I bought Sony bluetooth headphones, that are excellent, from Pafos.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have tried several makes of Blue-tooth headphones none of them worked as they should, including Sony, one of them I could not get rid of the radio station running in the background, all of these I bought locally, fortunately as I was refunded, so back to my Sennheisers corded but they do work as they should, I must have been unlucky..three times. :(
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I bought a pair a few years ago and they still work great. It is worthwhile spending a few bob as the better ones let you hear stuff in music you didn’t know existed before. I shall post a link later once I am at my computer.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Hm, no longer appear on Amazon. The make was Jabra though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
El tel

Post by El tel »

I have been using Sennheiser cordless for some years and have been happy with their performance.

Terry
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Some interesting pointers here, and thanks to all for your responses. Our television does have a headphone output but we are unable to get it to work with my rather ancient wired headphones. As we connect to our sound bar via Bluetooth from our phones and iPads, it seems sensible to go the bluetooth route as far as headphones are concerned. All that they will be used for is watching television after, or if, my wife has gone to bed.

Amazon seems to exponentially increase the number of items they will not send to Cyprus. Some years ago I had a regular order for a moisturising lotion that my electric razor used, and then - suddenly - Amazon contacted me to tell me they could no longer send it here. On enquiring as to the reason, they told me it was now classified as “hazardous material”. I wonder whether they told Nivea ...
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Theres some for sale here for €50. 2020 Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Wireless Headphones 4.1 Version Bluetooth
https://www.facebook.com/groups/feed/
David