VPN

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
William Morris

Re: VPN

Post by William Morris »

geoffreys wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am I have been using open VPN from MPN:
www.my-private-network.co.uk
for last 5 years.
Never any problem. Hong Kong based company with switched-on whizz kids running it, better brains than the broadcasters!
But they have the main hub in UK.
I pay £47.71 per annum by Paypal. Although you can pay month by month for a little more on total per annum, so you can
have a month, then nothing for say 3 months, etc. Useful if you have a holiday home.
Full details are on their website including technical advice.
I use a secondary router flashed with DDWRT firmware and programmed with MPN's VPN software.
So can run the TV box and PC thru it etc, very versatile.
Their helpline is brill in case you encounter any difficulties.
I have no connection with the Company other than as one of their customers.
They offer a free trial.
Cheers,
Geoff.
Me also. Never had a problem with this company.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Based on the recommendations on here, in particular Geoff, who helped greatly with a PM, I have been using My Private Network for a little while and am extremely pleased with it. No problems at all and the annual cost is less than I was paying with I-Portal.
AlexanderAddisoon

Post by AlexanderAddisoon »

How to use VicidialNow with Dedicated Ip Vpn ?

Do I need Digium Card for that ?
Last edited by AlexanderAddisoon on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

graceinc wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm How much does it make up to? Are you paying on monthly basis or a yearly package you have subscribed for?
£47.71 per year
Andy01424

Post by Andy01424 »

I use PIA £30 per yr :D
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We too have a subscription to Private Internet access. However my wife was unable when using it to access the ITV hub, or at least unable to watch programs.
When I submitted a 'ticket' to them they replied that I would have to contact the company (ITV) doing the blocking.. ???????

I will not be renewing and we are both using Tunnel Bear with no problems at all... Sometimes it is not the cost, but whether it actually works with no messing about or problems..
Trev..
Andy01424

Post by Andy01424 »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:00 pm We too have a subscription to Private Internet access. However my wife was unable when using it to access the ITV hub, or at least unable to watch programs.
When I submitted a 'ticket' to them they replied that I would have to contact the company (ITV) doing the blocking.. ???????

I will not be renewing and we are both using Tunnel Bear with no problems at all... Sometimes it is not the cost, but whether it actually works with no messing about or problems..
Use mine with Kodi have no problems only pain is not found way to add it to Kodi,i know you can through openlec,but apart from that no trouble
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

As I have said before we use My-Private-Network's "Open" VPN at £47.41 per annum. I have recommended them on here also.
Their back-up service is second to none.
A couple of days ago I contacted them as using our NOWTV Box we had been blocked by BBC iPlayer. All other channels were OK including BBC Sport and BBC News.
After 2 hours I received the following reply from MPN:

"Hi Geoffrey. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Some of our servers has been blocked by BBC but this has now all been removed from our GBR cluster, so you should be able to access it again"

I could, and still can.
Geoff.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That is a good response both time wise and the content. There are lots of VPN's out there, it is just up to each individual to sort out the best for them..
We have just sacked Private Internet Access.
Trev..
DavidHen

Post by DavidHen »

Not gonna spam you out on this one, but just like you I was searching for VPNs year back and I found various option but I purchase PureVPN a very affordable option with a lot of features and excellent support, will suggest you go for it, using it for a year, never had any major problem.