Loss of U.K. T.V.

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Jimgward

Re: Loss of U.K. T.V.

Post by Jimgward »

How things have changed in 10 years. I have personally gone from a 2.1m satellite dish, to a 3m dish, to plates fitted on it to improve reception, to new electronics and new sky boxes to keep it going.... to using TV apps on an iPod streamed to a TV through Apple TV, to ~~XMBC (forerunner of Kodi) to Kodi, to MAG...

It hasn’t been an easy journey and I’ve had to purchase different kit and scrap it over time, but ~I have always been able to offer UK TV of sorts. The MAG is without doubt the simplest and most reliable I’ve known. It does need a subscription for a reliable service and these can vary from 10’s of pounds a year to many hundreds of pounds. I have had at least 4 different providers over time and now have the latest MAG boxes. My current provider is £100 a year and extremely reliable, working even when most of the systems went down. We have all been through similar journeys. I even remember ~JimX telling me “Cyprus will never have the bandwidth to support streaming TV” - backed up by many at the time.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Jim Morning

During this lock down many have seen what lack of Bandwidth can do, it slowed streaming TVs down, but I have to say I run two different providers (by choice) and never had much problems with either, one is about half anual costings, it is good we do not now need huge Sat dishes on our roofs but I still miss the quality of Sky service even though it was very expensive.

We find the Mag systems the best for speed and programing that is unbeatable to use, I have tried other systems that are available in this area, but I feel you get what you pay for..

Finally have to say Cyta have managed to keep up with needed Bandwidth, I am happy to say I was wrong but it was what I belived at that time...

happy watching! :geek:
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In the last two day we have started having stuttering picture and sound, and then a freezing picture altogether.. But one thing puzzles me... We usually watch Standard definition, and this is what is freezing up.. But I have just changed the BBC 1 channel to High Definition and it plays OK ????
Trev..