best value MAG BOX???

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
ROXYANGELO

best value MAG BOX???

Post by ROXYANGELO »

I have an Andriod box from the uk, it is now started to freeze up etc now and then. Where for value and reliable is the best place to get a MAG BOX please. Thanks in advance!
Lincoln

Re: best value MAG BOX???

Post by Lincoln »

Go to Computer SOS. He sells the best Magboxes and will let have a loan of one to test it.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Originally had a lead from the computer to the television, then upgraded to an android box and then found Computer SOS in Chloraka (near Papantoniou/TopQuotes) and converted to a Magbox and used SOS ever since for computers, printers etc. Latest TV system is excellent - very pleased with the outcome.
ROXYANGELO

Post by ROXYANGELO »

cheers for that
ROXYANGELO

Post by ROXYANGELO »

cheers for that
Suetal

Post by Suetal »

Hi
I also recommend Computer SOS
WHL

Post by WHL »

I have a kodi box, and pay for ultimate mania, every tv channel and sports channel out there, fantastic value.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Another vote for Computer SOS here!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We use SOS as well.. I have had a Mag box from them and more than one laptop and a printer, and also a Smart Phone .. And of course we use them regularly for supplies that they sell ..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

My original MAG unit I purchased from Brian (sos) died several years ago, I have one Server from Brian to this day, but I purchased another MAG online from Amazon, it was cheaper even with the shipping.
Jim.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

JimX wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am My original MAG unit I purchased from Brian (sos) died several years ago, I have one Server from Brian to this day, but I purchased another MAG online from Amazon, it was cheaper even with the shipping.
I did the same Jim, one from a provider in Paphos and the second from Amazon. We run the two boxesfrom the same provider, we pay €6 per month for the second box which I think is very reasonable.

Jim
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning Jim,

Thought of doing the same but changed my mind, you often lose one server due to whatever, so being a sad TV watcher I kept two servers just in case, but your set up sounds a good idea.
Jim.
J B

Post by J B »

The title says 'best value', but I suppose it depends on how much TV you need/watch.

We bought one of the boxes from the shop opposite M&S, just up the hill from George's Optical House

We paid €120 and there are no further ongoing costs which is the 'best value' in our opinion.

:D
J B
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

J B wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:58 pm The title says 'best value', but I suppose it depends on how much TV you need/watch.

We bought one of the boxes from the shop opposite M&S, just up the hill from George's Optical House

We paid €120 and there are no further ongoing costs which is the 'best value' in our opinion.

:D
It also says best value mag box , you obviously have not bought a mag box .
JimX

Post by JimX »

James not if you live here....I tried that system, awful we found, also as posted it is not a ''MAG unit''
Jim.
J B

Post by J B »

Mrblobby wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:11 pm It also says best value mag box , you obviously have not bought a mag box .
Sorry, not sure what we bought, but it enables us to watch UK TV when we are on holiday in CY :)
J B