Triotech

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
kansas

Triotech

Post by kansas »

For several year's we've been using a well known local supplier at a cost of around €25 per month for all of the standard channels with catch-up as well as all the Sky Sports and Movie channels. We have had nothing but good service from them.

However, as we have never used anything except the UKTV channel catch-up service (we're not Sports lovers) it occurs to us that the Triotech offering may suit us better as I believe it comprises a one-off payment of €119.

We would be grateful for any comments and would welcome PM's if this is more appropriate.

Thanks in advance.
Kili01

Re: Triotech

Post by Kili01 »

I have been using Triotech for several years and am happy with mine. They sell several models, the most expensive one apparently has extra abilities. I have the one costing €119. Which gives me all the UK free view channels. Plus a few other non UK ones like Al Jazeera and of course catch up.
Once you have bought one, there are no further payments. The guys who run it do automatic up dates which is useful. But if you run into problems they don’t do House visits! You can send Triotech web site any query, and they will answer you. Or you can take your set top box into the shop and they will help you with it.
I have had problems in summer with band width, I think possibly due to there being more people using the internet.

Hope this helps.

Dee
wilky

Post by wilky »

I can recommend Triotech which we have about 1 year any problems just email them and they fix or investigate very easy to set up yourself and 30 day catch up all channels.We have CYTA landline broadband paying for 4 Mbs and getting 8 Mbs with no buffering.Money well spent with radio and netflix youtube and games which i have not tried yet.
J B

Post by J B »

We bought one on our last visit in Oct/Nov ans it worked as it said on the tin BUT we did have a few buffering issues with it (we use Netcom internet)
Of course Triotech blamed Netcom and vice-versa :roll:
On the whole it worked just fine.
The man in the pub told me that his grandson had put some added apps on his box to allow him to get some sports channels, but our grandson is only 6 months old so can't yet help! :lol:
J B
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have used this outfit for a streaming device but for us we did not like the setting up procedures, it is a matter of if it suits you go for it, personally I use two MAGs and two different suppliers, I love sport so it is a must for me to have Sky as part of the package, I will continue with the Mags...
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

kansas wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:10 pm For several year's we've been using a well known local supplier at a cost of around €25 per month for all of the standard channels with catch-up as well as all the Sky Sports and Movie channels. We have had nothing but good service from them.
However, as we have never used anything except the UKTV channel catch-up service (we're not Sports lovers) it occurs to us that the Triotech offering may suit us better as I believe it comprises a one-off payment of €119.
We would be grateful for any comments and would welcome PM's if this is more appropriate.
Thanks in advance.
We have used Triotech since they first opened in Geroskypou some 7 years or so ago now.
Had some trouble with the 1st box but the two that I have bought from them since never had any problems apart from the second box I bought now wont accept Kodi 18 so it only really works on UK tv channels and catchup. The current model we have the Zoomtak M5 plus, the Zoomtak T8 is more expensive but you are paying for the ability to play games on it.
Save your €25 per month on subscriptions and enjoy the one off payment of €119
David
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Bought one over a year ago as we don't need online sport and are happy with Freeview channels and Kodi. No problems, buffering is rare and it suits us just fine. Horses for courses I guess.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

I ditched my Mag Box and went over to Triotech 2 years ago with no problems. I’m very happy to not have to pay a monthly subscription. Would recommend. :)
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

If you look back through older posts, Mag boxes, subscriptions, IPTV, swiss TV etc are not without problems.
We have never taken our boxes back to Triotech both me and my wife can reinstall/fix programmes etc if needed, its not rocket science.
David