40 inch FHD TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
MacManiac

40 inch FHD TV

Post by MacManiac »

Our lovely cleaner has absolutely knackered our tv by polishing the screen with something indescribable. This has left scratches all over the LCD screen, which we cannot remove. So a new television is required (not a new cleaner - she is too valuable).

My wife has always complained that the tv screen is too small (something to do with her eyesight) and so we want to increase the screen size from 32” to 40”. At this size it seems sensible to go for FHD rather than HD.

Looking at TVs at places like Stephanis and Premier Electrical there is limited choice, or so it seems. I see TVs made by manufacturers I have never heard of. Going to somewhere like Amazon there is too much choice, and we would prefer not to have to pay their delivery charges.

Can anyone recommend a tv that suits our needs and which does not cost the earth? I hope this will be the last tv we will buy.
trevnhil

Re: 40 inch FHD TV

Post by trevnhil »

Pop into Electroline and look at the well known named TV's. The staff are knowledgeable and the prices are good ..
Regarding which is the best make to get.. Try a Google search for Best 40" TV, or similar..

We bought an LG from Electroline and people on a Cyprus forum were advising me about 'Banding' on LG TV's
We have had no such thing on ours and it is on from 8am until 11pm
Trev..
JimX

Re: 40 inch FHD TV

Post by JimX »

Here we go again Lloyd the best TVs out there are indeed Samsung, I have several all working perfectly, the Sony I had did give me problems, so horses for courses as they say, just do a UTube on the best TVs, I have like you a new 55'' Sammy love it great solid pictures too, as for super HD I think most MAG do not support it, maybe in the future.Certainly the MAG units do not compare with the old Sky system regarding HD quality, but the systems I have are a lot cheaper. Most new TVs now are HD ready I bought this latest one from Bionic who followed me home, set up the stand and plunged in the USB etc, no charge, took away the rubbish too, it was cheaper from them than Stephanie's who made a delivery charge, I highly recommend them.
Jim.