Mag box updates

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
AFJ

Mag box updates

Post by AFJ »

I've seen many posts about this ,but have never done anything with ours ,do you get informed about updates? or what .

Jenny
JimX

Re: Mag box updates

Post by JimX »

I agree they should update themselves, most are set to auto, easy to check this.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

At the moment when we go to bed we turn off the TV and the Mag Box.. However a visitor with us says the mag box should be left on as updates are usually sent out in the early hours of the morning.
But will these updates not be loaded onto my box when I switch it on in a morning ??
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Hi, Trev like you we always used to switch our TV and Magbox off. However, the provider told us to leave it on all the time. Two reasons were given. 1) it then automatically updates and 2) it does not do the box any good to keep giving it electrical surges. So now we leave it on.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for that info Lincoln. We will leave the box on then... :-)
I have just collected a new Mag box 324 and had it 'loaded', and it is working just fine..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

If you do leave the Mag unit on check it has plenty of ventilation as it will get very warm, I do not think you need to leave them on, just on standby maybe?
Jim.