Is your mag box a fake ?

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
trevnhil

Re: Is your mag box a fake ?

Post by trevnhil »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:21 am Fake or not, my SOS Mag box has been playing up tonight with 3 or 4 'bad connection' stoppages each for only a couple of minutes.
Just the same for us as well. :-(
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I intend to get a Mag 324 box next week, so I am hoping for some improvement ..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning.
Just a word of advice before you change to an updated Mag unit, I did this purchased from Amazon De, I paid a fair price for the latest Mag unit, it would not load my servers software and I had to sell it on and get a earlier model a MAG322, do check with your provider if the Mag you change to will work with his software, by the way I see no improvement with the so called faster unit pictures was just the same as my old unit a MAG250, also the same stability.

You can buy these here but also from Germany/and Amazon in the UK (cheaper than here),

Order Summary
Items: £69.95
Postage & Packing: £8.01
Total before VAT: £77.96
VAT: £0.00
Order Total: £77.96

https://www.amazon.de/s?k=mag+iptv&__mk ... _sb_noss_1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mag+iptv&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Les Bean, Mag322 I have seen no improvements in stability/picture quality or to load faster, in my case the problems are usually with a Cyta glitch, fixed in the usual manner, power down both the Router and the Mag unit, usually sorts itself out.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lloyd never heard of fake MAGs personally, but if you look on your MAG unit at the ''settings'' ''device info'' and it gives you your unit model number and who made it. This is from the units software.
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

E.g. What Jim said ;)
Attachments
AEECE3E0-8F7D-440B-8258-A49B8B82E80B.jpeg
AEECE3E0-8F7D-440B-8258-A49B8B82E80B.jpeg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have just ordered a new box which should be with me on Tuesday or Wednesday..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Just to update on my last post. I did get a new Mag 324 box and I have had it loaded and it is working just fine ... Incidentally it has a Two Year Warranty ...
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We too are pleased with ours which we got from Cyprus... The old remote still works all the features. Also I notice on our new box that when I turn off the TV... after a few seconds the new mag box goes into standby mode.
One other good point is that it has a 2 year Warranty
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

All remotes will work with most if not all MAG units, but sometimes like two of mine the remote legends fade away, not expensive to buy a replacement.

Glad you are both happy with your new units, Lloyd I did have a chat with your supplier on the day you were there..
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Speaking of remotes , you can get an app for apple or android so you can use your phone as a remote . Handy if you ever misplace your remote .
Attachments
AD3F9B85-A22E-4B38-96B9-CEE2ED219A26.jpeg
AD3F9B85-A22E-4B38-96B9-CEE2ED219A26.jpeg (81.01 KiB) Viewed 5557 times
75F2B780-41FB-4AAA-8F8B-C3A2C05583D6.jpeg
75F2B780-41FB-4AAA-8F8B-C3A2C05583D6.jpeg (57.15 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
Last edited by Mrblobby on Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

What do people usually set the buffer size to on a mag box.. My new one has different values than the old one.. It is on a scale of 0 (zero) to 20,000 ms. I believe it is set at 1,500 at the moment, but would it be better higher than that ??
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have several remotes with my two systems, all are identical apart from the one I use the legends have worn off, but as old as it is it remains the same as the new ones.

Trev I have no buffer settings on either of my Mags, unless you feel there is a problem leave this setting alone..or call your provider, if it works leave things as they are.

Also not sure if you know but if you use fast forward a lot, just click past say adverts then press the large central ''play'' button and it should start at your fast forward position instantly, saves waiting, a little old lady told me this :D
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Sorry but leave this setting alone, most Mag units never buffer usually a problem of loading is your Internet supplier, I use Cyta and never need to adjust the buffer settings, a word with your system supplier I think he will say the same, leave it alone.

If you have loading problems they will usually not be caused by your Mag unit but your Internet supplier, call them first.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I moved our buffer setting last night from zero to 3
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Have been discussing this over the weekend - we have Magbox 250 and both the Magbox supplier and my techie friend recommend the buffer should be set at 2 seconds for all channels. if you have a good provider you will not get buffering at any time of day or night.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

We watch all the main 5 UK channels in HD all of the time together with their 14 day HD catch up and have never had a single problem since we signed up in January 2018. We can even watch Sky in FHD on our old MAG250 box.

With CYTA 10 Mbps as our internet supplier.

Our television is over 9 years old (supplied by landlord).
JimX

Post by JimX »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 am Sorry Jim, but there is absolutely no problem playing around with the buffer settings, it's a known and tried method of helping with short term buffering problems, that's why it is included in your settings. Mag boxes are very user friendly, you can muck about with them without causing any problems.
Les you do not have to say sorry, adjusting the buffer will not affect a cure for either the subscription provider problems or Internet speed, it just does not work that way, leave it alone contact your provider, ours today posted a banner on our system to apologise for any problems recent problems of loading, and is trying to fix the problem, so no buffer adjustment will sort this problem out.

I agree no problems messing about with MAG settings if you know what you are about.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Les Bean wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:04 pm Aside from all that, does anybody see any great difference between fhd and HD channels. They seem much of a muchness to me
Les who is picking on you? very odd of you to say that....

Full HD and normal HD not any great improvement on my Mag units, it is better than standard definition (SD) but HD is not as good as the old defunct Sky broadcasts, BUT anything is better than having local TV only......far better :D And thanks for that fantastic link.
And as you can see the buffer does nothing of value on any Mag Unit, at least any I have ever used, (considerable) but if it makes your system work then good for you.

And on one of my Mags last night on one of my systems was very poor not at all steady picture wise and also some TV series had ''file missing'' I believe the supplier is working of the problems as he put a banner on to say so, I'm sure Lloyd has seen this, but my thoughts are all streaming devices will at times be unsteady, like living abroad we are lucky to have systems like these, are we not?, now where is that buffer button :lol:

Lloyd (I'm with CYTA too, with 20Mbps download, this is nothing to do with CYTA.this time) one of my systems was trouble free Sun night, but the one you and I use was problems, no doubt you have seen the banner put in place on your telly? it is the supplier who has the problem, so that buffer setting will not help, this is my point, it can either be Cyta or our supplier, this time we actually know, do we not?

cheers.
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning all.

Had a text from A****w it seems some of his customers are running OK others like mine are not, why this should be he and I have no real answers, for sure it is not the Internet this time as my other system by another supplier is running as it should, I also get over 20MB supply with a good Ping reading and a very steady signal, but the problem with ''A''s system is truly bad for me and several others, when he gets back home from is brief holiday no doubt he will check out what the problem is, also many of the updated TV serials are just saying ''file missing'' and will not load and play,I'm sure it will be sorted for those who are having problems like mine and I know A****w will get it sorted, all the same this is an odd one, normally if one Mag is giving trouble they all do!
Jim.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I am watching the servers updates regularly Lloyd, I did notice that yesterday no HD was available on 80% of TV programs, also mine is still unreliable and the pictures not steady, many of the TV series had ''file missing'' so you could not watch them, I hope he sorts the problems out, we shall just have to wait and see, I am keeping A****w up to date, my other system is as normal so again this is not an Internet problem as my first thought, but it is the server.
Jim.