Threat to IPTV ...

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
MacManiac

Threat to IPTV ...

Post by MacManiac »

I heard from my provider that the “panel software” that most IPTV providers use to run their businesses, Xtream Codes, has been taken down and this might cause widespread disruption for IPTV users. I checked on the internet and found an absolute torrent of references to this.

https://torrentfreak.com/xtream-codes-i ... operation/

Reading the above, and other articles, it is apparent that the forces of law and order have seized the servers and thus disrupted the service. My provider tells me they are looking for alternative software and to wait and see.

My IPTV service is still operating correctly but my subscription is due in a week’s time and - without the panel software - I shall not be able to renew it. Fingers crossed that it can be sorted out soon. It is suggested that as many as 50 million users may be affected.
Jimgward

Re: Threat to IPTV ...

Post by Jimgward »

This is accurate. So one openly selling subs on Facebook has been too open and world is coming down. Problem for many providers will be finding hosts for servers.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

No disruption with my provider but it is based in Switzerland and uses agents in shops rather than panels or resellers. Ask at Computer SOS in Chloraka for more information
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes my SOS also went down, do not think this was to do with the above though, just normal maintenance.
Jim.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

No problem at all with my mag box. Spoke with my supplier who assured me their service would be unaffected.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:37 am
Austin7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:13 pm Practically all my SOS MAG channels went down this afternoon at about 3.00pm but all came back on again within about 20 minutes.
If the other half hadn't had the tv on to watch Loose Women we would never have known that it had gone down for a while.
Computer SOS is an agent for two or even three TV suppliers. I actually deal direct with the Swiss supplier but have checked with friends who use the same system via SOS and they also report no downtime issues or any other issues for that matter!
JimX

Post by JimX »

I believe they are now completed Lloyd. :)
Jim.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I like using a Magbox, but after several suppliers were closed down about 18-20 months ago I decided to pay monthly rather than pay for 5 months and get the 6th month included. Even so, I still only pay in the last week of the month. Just as since 'the haircut' I only keep enough in the bank here for day to day living costs.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Austin7 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:17 am I wish Sky Arts would come back on a regular basis. They had some great concerts on there but it disappears more than it works.
It depends on what system is provided to you, one of mine does have Sky Arts with catch up the other provider does not have this.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Modern Art eh? It is what it is...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:20 pm
JimX wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 pm
Austin7 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:17 am I wish Sky Arts would come back on a regular basis. They had some great concerts on there but it disappears more than it works.
It depends on what system is provided to you, one of mine does have Sky Arts with catch up the other provider does not have this.
My SOS system has the channel listed but it only sometimes works, other times the screen has those coloured bars all over it. :evil: :twisted:
System I use which is also provided by SOS has Sky Arts with 14 day catch up.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

There was quite a long message on screen tonight. Roughly it was apologising for any disruptions recently and they hope to have thing fully back to normal within a few days...
Trev..