Traffic cameras: This is where they will be installed

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Traffic cameras: This is where they will be installed

Post by memory man »

A total of 24 traffic cameras will be installed in Nicosia and Limassol during the first stage of a long-awaited programme to reintroduce traffic cameras on the roads.

Twenty mobile cameras will also be delivered during this first stage.

According to Phileleftheros, another 66 cameras will be installed in Larnaca and Paphos as well as district roads throughout Cyprus as part of the second stage.

Once the programme is completed there will be traffic cameras at six junctions in Nicosia, 10 in Limassol, four in Larnaca and four in Paphos.

Cameras will be installed at two locations on motorways and district roads in the Larnaca district, one in the Paphos district and three in the Morphou area.

These are the details to emerge from the tender currently underway which closes on September 20. The bids will be evaluated and assuming there are no objections or appeals, final negotiations will be held with the successful bidder.

Traffic cameras will be installed in Nicosia at one junction on a pilot basis within five months after the contract is awarded. The first phase of the programme will be implemented some 11 months after the award of the contract and second about 15 months after the signing.

According to Phileleftheros, there will be 16 fixed traffic cameras in Nicosia at four junctions in the first phase and another three cameras in the second.

The first four cameras will be installed during the pilot phase at the junction of Grivas Dighenis Avenue with Demosthenis Severis.

Four cameras will then be installed at the traffic lights of Grivas Dighenis with Prodromos Avenue and two will be installed at the junction of Limassol Avenue with Athalassa Avenue.

In Limassol, during the first stage four cameras will be installed at the junction of Makarios Avenue with N Pattichis Avenue and Arch Leontiou Avenue as well as four on the junction of Ay Fylaxeos Avenue with Gladstone Avenue.

During the second phase, cameras will be installed at another nine locations — four at the junction of Nicos Pattichis Avenue with Spyros Kyprianou Avenue and four at the junction of Spyros Kyprianou Avenue with Ayias Zonis Avenue.

Moreover, three cameras will be installed at the junction of Kolonaki Avenue with Ayios Athanasiou and Griva Dighenis Avenues, three at the junction of Vas Georgiou Avenue with Christaki Kranou Avenue and four on Amathus Avenue, two behind the Arsinoe Hotel and two at the junction with Ariadnis Street.

Two more cameras will be installed in Limassol to monitor traffic on October 28 Avenue and at the junction with Makarios Avenue, and not to book drivers.

Traffic cameras in Larnaca and Paphos will be installed during the second phase.

In Larnaca, there will be four cameras at the junction of Spyros Kyprianou Avenue with Al Panagouli Avenue, four at the junction of Artemis and Phameromeni Avenues and four at the junction of Eleftheria, Elladas and Spyros Kyprianou Avenues. Two will be installed at the junction of Makarios Avenue with Tsangarides Street.

In Paphos, four cameras will be installed at the junction of Y Kranidiotis and G Savva Avenues, four at the junction of Elladas Avenues with Demokratias and Tassos Papadopoulos Avenues, four at the junction of Ayios Anargyron Avenues with Spyros Kyprianou and Agapinoros Avenues and two at the junction of Athinon and Christodoulos Sozou Avenues.

Outside the urban areas 12 cameras will be installed during the second phase — four on the Larnaca-Dhekelia coastal road, two on the old Paphos-Limassol road and four on the Nicosia-Troodos road. Traffic cameras will also be installed on the Atsa-Marathassa road.

The traffic cameras will check for the following traffic violations:

breaking the speed limit
jumping a red light
not wearing a seat belt
use of mobile phone or other items while driving
passing the white stop line
failure to wear a helmet

https://in-cyprus.com/traffic-cameras-t ... installed/
emgee

Re: Traffic cameras: This is where they will be installed

Post by emgee »

I am only 21 years of age, but I think that I will have died of old age before these cameras are installed. Maybe this time, they will put them on the correct side of the road when they eventually install them.

Alan
WHL

Post by WHL »

Good move especially at traffic lights, in my opinion red light jumpers are more dangerous then speeding drivers.
memory man

Post by memory man »

four at the junction of Ayios Anargyron Avenues with Spyros Kyprianou and Agapinoros Avenues
I think these cameras will be at the traffic lights at ELPIS medical centre at bottom of Mr Chicken St.

junction of Elladas Avenues with Demokratias and Tassos Papadopoulos Avenues

I think these cameras will be at traffic lights on Mesogi Avenue, just up from Lidl.

junction of Y Kranidiotis and G Savva Avenues
I think these cameras will be at traffic lights near to IASIS Hospital

two at the junction of Athinon and Christodoulos Sozou Avenues
I think these cameras will be at traffic lights at Dimco, near to Makarios statue

Please correct if I'm wrong. :?
Last edited by memory man on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

After what happened the other day they need to put cameras on the Dimokratias Avenue and Eleftheroiou Venizelou ( top end Butcher boy road)
19 ton lorry went through a red light 6 second after it turned red!