Paphos: 50 year old fined €2000 for illegal hunting

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Paphos: 50 year old fined €2000 for illegal hunting

Post by Paphos Life »

A 50 year old hunter was fined €2000 on Sunday after he was caught hunting in a no-hunting area.Police said that the man was spotted at 8.15 on Sunday morning by the Game Service hunting with a double barrel hunting rifle in the Ayios Yeorgios Mamonion area where hunting is prohibited.He was taken to the police station and fined €2000....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Jimgym

Re: Paphos: 50 year old fined €2000 for illegal hunting

Post by Jimgym »

Good! Let's hope more hunters take note, or have a few notes taken from them!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I presume when it says he was fined at the Police station, it means he was issued with a fine, to pay within so many days
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Trevor

If, as I suspect, you are correct, I wonder if the paper work will be mislaid. I would love to know if it is actually paid.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I believe you cannot actually pay a fine at a Police station here now..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:11 pm Trevor

If, as I suspect, you are correct, I wonder if the paper work will be mislaid. I would love to know if it is actually paid.

Jackie
Don't know where this myth about fines not being paid started, next time you get a parking fine or motoring fine, don't pay it and you will find out, trust me they will be knocking on your door, with added delayed payments added on.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jackie
They are VERY hot on unpaid fines here Jackie, trust me! I have had tickets and paid them on time, as I didn't want to be either hauled into court and or face a bigger fine.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Jackie
They are VERY hot on unpaid fines here Jackie, trust me! I have had tickets and paid them on time, as I didn't want to be either hauled into court and or face a bigger fine.
I have had copper at my door when I never paid a parking fine...
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL

And what happened to you ?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:40 pm WHL

And what happened to you ?
I was abroad and forgot to pay it, Policeman gave me the option to pay a now nearly doubled fine or have my day in court, as I have said, its a common myth amongst expats that fines are not paid, there is an easy way to see if this is true, the next time you receive a motoring fine, dont pay it and let us know what happens.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I don't live in Cyprus anymore.

It's now over 55 years since I received a motoring fine, my first and last (up to now), lesson learned.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I’m very glad that illegal hunting is being clamped down on by the authorities, in Cyprus. I hope that the man concerned does pay his fine. Surely it should send a message to other would be illegal hunters. It’s not very long before the legal hunting season starts when I feel sorry for the poor birds.
Having been for walks in the English countryside recently it is a delight to see the wild life there which isn’t being shot at or poisoned! As well as to hear the birds singing.
Dee