B6

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jonjo

B6

Post by jonjo »

Hi All

Is this road open now? Thanks
Jon
DavidatLWH

Re: B6

Post by DavidatLWH »

No, still closed when we went to Limassol yesterday. No indications as to when it will reopen, either.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Last time I went over on that road, in the Spring, I noticed there seemed to be some ominous cracks in the road surface that gave me the inkling that the road was not far off shearing of and dropping into the sea. I will not be using that road if I can avoid it. I hope the authorities are cordoning off the beach below as I would not like to be walking under it if it does drop.
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Hi is the road closed both ways or just going towards Limassol please? Is it just a short distance, can you give me an idea of where it is please thanks? Will it still be closed in 3 weeks do you think, what caused it to be closed? Thanks
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Closed because of slippage following the winter heavy rains. There has been no info as when/if it will reopen. I guess we'll know when the diversion signs are removed on the Highway.
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Thanks, is it closed both ways then?
And whereabouts exactly, tried looking on Google maps and it doesn't show a closed road. We use that road normally to go to Pissouri from Latchi.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Paulaf: the road is closed in the area around Aphrodites Rock - both ways. You can access Aphrodites Road from the Paphos side only. If you want to go to Pissouri, you have to use the A6 exit - you cannot travel from Aphrodites Rock to Pissouri on the B6.
paulaf

Post by paulaf »

Many thanks that's clear now, it's a lovely drive on that coast road.