GESY AND S1

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: GESY AND S1

Post by galexinda »

Already sent our email.

This sentence is relevant particularly if you are MEU3 holder and have the S1/E121 Form, as MEU3 holders are in one category that has to pay contributions.

''It is important to apply for this letter to avoid problems with the tax department trying to claim contributions''.

From January 2019 every resident in Cyprus has to submit a tax declaration - see link below

http://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/news ... -of-income
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I sent an email to Mr Soteris back in June , not had a reply yet . Will try sending an email to the lady mentioned , today .
Polly

Post by Polly »

I haven't received an email like this either on the GESY website or by normal email even though I queried this some time ago with GESY.

As I have mentioned previously my bank has already taken a contribution to GESY on bank interest, so what are we supposed to do with this confirmation letter, I wonder? Go to the bank and try to get them to repay the tax and not to take anymore? How is it going to work with the tax return?

Surely there are others on his forum who have had contributions taken from their bank already?

And how will this all be if there is a no deal and no longer an S1?

I'm not expecting anyone to actually know the answers and I suppose we will find out eventually.
sueb

Post by sueb »

Please can you tell me what is the ID number?

Is it a GESY?
Passport?
National Insurance (UK)?
Medical Card?
Tax (Cyprus)?
Yellow slip - MEU1

Confused dot com!

Please, we have registered with a DR at his practise. Have had confirmation from him to say we are on his list.

I have never received a confrimation from GESY. Should I have done? Not been to see the Doctor as yet.

Many thanks in advance.
Happy to be back on the Island!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

FUNDING GESY

This is the link to the official site explaining how GESY is funded:

https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... ofinancing

As well as Social Insurance payments from those in work, pensioners in receipt of a Cypriot pension et, there are various other categories of raising funds including:

Income Earners eg rent, interest, dividends (1.7%)

This is where the deduction from the interest on any savings accounts is being taken from a Cyprus bank account so you will not get a refund for this.

This letter from the Medical Card Department in Nicosia will be for when the annual Cyprus Tax Return is completed to ensure that no deductions for contributions to GESY are made by UK Expat S1 Form Holders.
Hope this makes it clearer in conjunction with the information about MEU3 form holders that I put on a previous comment, but would add that I am not an accountant and just trying to ensure I am doing the right thing for my particular situation (MEU3 + S1).
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

sueb wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:18 pm Please can you tell me what is the ID number?

Is it a GESY?
Passport?
National Insurance (UK)?
Medical Card?
Tax (Cyprus)?
Yellow slip - MEU1

Confused dot com!

Please, we have registered with a DR at his practise. Have had confirmation from him to say we are on his list.

I have never received a confrimation from GESY. Should I have done? Not been to see the Doctor as yet.

Many thanks in advance.
The Identity number is the one on your MEU1/MEU3 certificate.

If you are on the list of a Personal Doctor then you have completed the registration process (you may want to access your medical records but that has to be done with the PD when you visit). Some people do not get the confirmation email (ie that their application has been successful) as that is the stage before choosing and being accepted by a Personal Doctor.
sueb

Post by sueb »

Thank you for the information 'galexinda'.

Most helpful!

Great site for sharing info.
Happy to be back on the Island!
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

On Friday I sent an email to Mrs Tasoula Michael (tmichael@papd.mof.gov.cy) asking for a confirmation letter to certify that we are not subject to contributions for GESY according to the General Health System Law of 2001.

Included the details mentioned earlier for both myself and wife and attached copies of our S1/E121 Medical Cards. Within an hour we received a letter back from Mrs Tasoula stamped by the MOH certifying that we were not liable for contributions to the GESY.

Guess we'll have to take said letters down to the Tax Office sometime to ensure they are aware.

Chris
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

chris&pam wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:32 pm On Friday I sent an email to Mrs Tasoula Michael (tmichael@papd.mof.gov.cy) asking for a confirmation letter to certify that we are not subject to contributions for GESY according to the General Health System Law of 2001.

Included the details mentioned earlier for both myself and wife and attached copies of our S1/E121 Medical Cards. Within an hour we received a letter back from Mrs Tasoula stamped by the MOH certifying that we were not liable for contributions to the GESY.

Guess we'll have to take said letters down to the Tax Office sometime to ensure they are aware.

Chris
You are lucky , I sent our details on Sunday the 25th August to the same lady , heard nothing yet .

Also sent emails to the gent mentioned in June and July but heard nothing yet .

Might try again tomorrow , cost nothing to send an email . ;)
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We, my wife and I just got our email back today which states that we pay no tax for GESY. A separate one for each of us
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for the info Lincoln.. We will send ours in the next few days.. Which of the two emails addresses did you use ??
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:51 pm Thanks for the info Lincoln.. We will send ours in the next few days.. Which of the two emails addresses did you use ??
Hi Trev, we sent it to the Woman.Mrs Tasoula Michael (tmichael@papd.mof.gov.cy)
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks Lincoln :-)
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Sent email off to both email addresses last Friday, confirmation letters received today..... excellent service.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Finally got ours today in the post , the letter was dated 2nd September .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Mrblobby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am Finally got ours today in the post , the letter was dated 2nd September .
It is a little puzzling as to why yours came through the post and not a reply to your email ??
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:35 am
Mrblobby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am Finally got ours today in the post , the letter was dated 2nd September .
It is a little puzzling as to why yours came through the post and not a reply to your email ??
Relieved to read you have received the confirmation letter as you have been giving very helpful advice about GESY and this particular doucment - also bemused that your letter was sent by post rather than email, but note a few other people on other groups have had the document posted.
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Emailed Mrs Michael this morning regarding exemption from contributions and received the certificate in less than five minutes . Lefkes.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That must be some sort of record ;-)
Trev..
Melandsteve

Post by Melandsteve »

Also sent email to Mrs Michael this morning regarding exemption from contributions and received certificates for me ad my wife more or less by return