uncouth

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

uncouth

Post by WHL »

Boris goes to see the French President, and puts his foot on the table, what a Bozo.
71 Trans Am

Re: uncouth

Post by 71 Trans Am »

It was only done as as a split second joke for the photo shoot if you read the article.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/08/22/b ... Xufql_A4D-
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is fake news.

From what I read, they were joking, and Macron said that the stool could also be used as a foot stool, so Johnson tried it out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49440952
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

He should,nt have done this should he,i mean all the rest of are perfect are we not?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am This is fake news.

From what I read, they were joking, and Macron said that the stool could also be used as a foot stool, so Johnson tried it out.

Hands up , I was wrong, on this occasion, it does seem to be a joke, but I still think , he is uncouth and a bozo.
Earlsfield

Post by Earlsfield »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:01 am It just sends the wrong message, joke or not. This pic is not just on UK media...but worldwide. Many folks will reach a conclusion from just seeing the pic. It looks slovenly and disrepectful.

That, in essence, is the difference between a diplomat and a buffoon.
And it would seem many people reached the wrong conclusion to what was a light hearted jape, initiated by President Macron, who it would appear has a sense of humour after all, or was Boris just set up? Oh those Frenchies😉
boycott

Post by boycott »

Whilst it may have been abit of friendly banter between the two chaps having a bit of a laugh as world leaders do, ( I mean you don't need or want to discuss serious things like running countries do you!), but it does show a complete lack of leadership and standards from them both.
Next time you are on a train and the horrible little yob has his feet on the seats and you suggest to it, perhaps you could remove your feet please, oh I am sorry comes the reply just following Boris's rules/standards old chap so no I shall not remove.

He I supposed to be a leader and lead from the front not be a pratt, (we have enough of them already)
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:48 am Why don't some of you paranoid lot just lighten up a bit. As Dominic said this is fake news. If you bother to watch the video you will see that his foot either didn't touch the stool or only did so for barely a second. It was just some trouble making journalist who decided to make a few quid/euros by selling a picture of the frozen frame part of the video.
Agreed! Some people just look for problems and issues where none exist.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

WHL wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:42 am
Dominic wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am This is fake news.

Hands up , I was wrong, on this occasion, it does seem to be a joke, but I still think , he is uncouth and a bozo.
Happens to the best of us WHL!
emgee

Post by emgee »

Is it McIngy 1back again?

Alan
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:47 pm
Earlsfield wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 amAnd it would seem many people reached the wrong conclusion to what was a light hearted jape, initiated by President Macron, who it would appear has a sense of humour after all, or was Boris just set up? Oh those Frenchies😉

Ha! I'm just beginning to work our who Earlsfied is :lol: I did my my suspicions last night, now I'm 99% sure. But my lips are sealed ;)
Ive Hud my suspicions also
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

WHL wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 pm
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:47 pm
Earlsfield wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 amAnd it would seem many people reached the wrong conclusion to what was a light hearted jape, initiated by President Macron, who it would appear has a sense of humour after all, or was Boris just set up? Oh those Frenchies😉

Ha! I'm just beginning to work our who Earlsfied is :lol: I did my my suspicions last night, now I'm 99% sure. But my lips are sealed ;)
Ive Hud my suspicions also
:lol: