Car air-conditioning service

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Ams

Car air-conditioning service

Post by Ams »

Hi

My car air conditioning is next to useless during the day, so I need to get it looked at.

I found this 2018 post - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5681&p=58961&hilit ... ing#p58961

Does anyone have any recommendations or more recent comments to add to that? Ideal area for me is either in the centre of town, or between there and Mandria.

Thanks
Mike.1940

Re: Car air-conditioning service

Post by Mike.1940 »

Try Simon at Deals on Wheels in Pathos town, he is very good for this.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

When Chris re opens, you can just go there and he will re charge your air con. I have taken my car to him. His work place is on the left , before the traffic lights on the road out of the Old Town which leads to Chloraka. It’s called Chris Cool. He can also service air con units in your house,

Dee
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Dave Mitchell motors Geriskipou services most types of cars have had mine done there and pleased with the work
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

The guy next door to Costas Tires on Mesoyi road.
Louise :)
Varky

Post by Varky »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:13 pm Two Cypriot guys on the G'pou Industrial Estate. Very highly recommend. They sort every a/c problem, even when others have failed. That's all they do, auto a/c.

Am sure they will be shut for summer holidays at the moment, but you could try them: Stelios 99 498204. Their English is not brilliant, so it's better to go see them than try to explain over the phone. I recommended JimX to them and I think he was pleased with their work. If you're interested, I will post a map showing you how to find them.
I agree with HiC on this. Replaced the compressor on my Misubishi Outlander so that I can now hang meat in the car. Cost €550.00 which turned out to be less than I expected.
Ams

Post by Ams »

Thanks everyone!
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:13 pm Two Cypriot guys on the G'pou Industrial Estate. Very highly recommend. They sort every a/c problem, even when others have failed. That's all they do, auto a/c.

Am sure they will be shut for summer holidays at the moment, but you could try them: Stelios 99 498204. Their English is not brilliant, so it's better to go see them than try to explain over the phone. I recommended JimX to them and I think he was pleased with their work. If you're interested, I will post a map showing you how to find them.
It's probably a toss up between the guy next to Costa Tyres and the ones in Geroskipou (ideally it needs to be somewhere where I can wait while they work on it). HiC if you can give me the map that would be useful. Thanks.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Opposite Costa is the Garden of Edem where you can have a coffee or fruit/vegetable drink.
Louise :)
JimX

Post by JimX »

Ams Lloyd is correct this chap is the one to use, read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8516
Jim.
Ams

Post by Ams »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:24 am Correction, would have been a map, but Tinypic closed down as of today and PL says the png image I have is too large to upload. Just don't have time to mess around re-sizing, sorry!
Thanks HiC, and don't worry, I wouldn't expect you to waste time on playing around with sizing. Besides, Jim's link includes a map. Thanks for your help.
Ams

Post by Ams »

JimX wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:39 am Ams Lloyd is correct this chap is the one to use, read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8516
Thank you Jim. I had searched for "car air-conditioning service" so that thread didn't come up for me, but it is very useful.
JimX

Post by JimX »

The map..to the AC service, they only do this type of service.
Attachments
Inked001_LI (637 x 874).jpg
Inked001_LI (637 x 874).jpg (44.78 KiB) Viewed 3665 times
Jim.