Chinese currency?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Chinese currency?

Post by Chaddy »

Does anyone know where can we get some Chinese currency on the island,help would be much appreciated.
Cactuslil

Re: Chinese currency?

Post by Cactuslil »

If you need it because you’re travelling I suggest ordering on line & collecting from airport.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Thanks Cactuslil,it would help us very much if you could explain how we go about this,like who do we log into to order the currency and where do we collect it.We are flying Larnaca to Doha then on to Biejing.Thanks again.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

I did it through Travelex & collected from Manchester airport before flying on. There is a minimum spend but can’t remember how much it is.Hope this helps.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Do no Banks in Cyprus have Chinese currency, I see quite a few Chinese people over here, dont they change their money for euros?
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

If you go to the website of Beijing airport you will see that there are plenty ATM machines and exchange machines.

To provide you with RMB, major foreign currency denominations, credit card services, and to handle domestic bills of exchange, checks, exchanges and international exchanges, foreign currency exchange, and sales of travel cheques; ATM automatic in many places in the terminal building Cash machine and automatic currency exchange machine.
Louise :)
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

It’s a much better rate of exchange if you plan ahead
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Just a suggestion. Go to a Large Bank and just ask them if they do it and what the rate of exchange is.
All things are possible
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Lincoln,WHL,, I thought that as there was now lot of Chinese moving to the island they would be bringing with them the Chinese Yuan and changing it at the banks for eoro,s so the banks would have some Yuan they could sell me.,,,,Rocket science??? Wrong, i was met with a definate NO and a shrug of the shoulders when I asked to buy some Yuan...Back to the drawing board.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:21 pm Lincoln,WHL,, I thought that as there was now lot of Chinese moving to the island they would be bringing with them the Chinese Yuan and changing it at the banks for eoro,s so the banks would have some Yuan they could sell me.,,,,Rocket science??? Wrong, i was met with a definate NO and a shrug of the shoulders when I asked to buy some Yuan...Back to the drawing board.
Chaddy was this a main branch, surely they could order you some in from their head office?
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

WHL wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:25 pm
Chaddy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:21 pm Lincoln,WHL,, I thought that as there was now lot of Chinese moving to the island they would be bringing with them the Chinese Yuan and changing it at the banks for eoro,s so the banks would have some Yuan they could sell me.,,,,Rocket science??? Wrong, i was met with a definate NO and a shrug of the shoulders when I asked to buy some Yuan...Back to the drawing board.
Chaddy was this a main branch, surely they could order you some in from their head office?
No,,good suggestion WHL,i will make this my next mission,,watch this space :?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I would suggest taking USD with you as they should be very easy to exchange at a bank in China or in Hong Kong if you are going there.

Dee
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:32 am Just a suggestion. Go to a Large Bank and just ask them if they do it and what the rate of exchange is.
No banks have Chinese currency and no kiosks have it.Its like getting gold of gold dust :(
darrow

Post by darrow »

Dee is right. They love foreign currency! We bought things with sterling and they are very willing to accept it! Or, they were when we went a few years ago.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

darrow wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:05 pm Dee is right. They love foreign currency! We bought things with sterling and they are very willing to accept it! Or, they were when we went a few years ago.
Thanks darrow,did you travel to the interior,and spend foreign currency there.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Yes. They were also willing to sell sterling for yuan . We went in 2008 so it might have changed. I doubt you need to worry too much. The Chinese are international travellers and currency exchange isn't an issue these days.