Crystals & Photography

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Crystals & Photography

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Crystal hunting and photography are two of my favourite hobbies. While the search for crystals in the countryside is not only interesting and healthy as you move your body a bit more than usual, photographing the items later at home completes the hobby and keeps them in good condition in your photo gallery unlike if you leave them outdoors and the Cyprus Sun just takes the beauty out of it over the years...

So some examples from my Gallery of items I found this year.

The next few pieces I keep indoors on the shelf as they are very fragile

close up

this piece is much to big to be indoors but I keep it in the covered carport to avoid that the beautiful different colours get destroyed from Sun

same situation with this one, well protected

That's enough for today, but I am planning to share with you more pics in the near future....

Max
ph06kg1

Re: Crystals & Photography

Post by ph06kg1 »

Amazing specimens Max, thank you so much for sharing! Zeolites are truly beautiful rocks that combine different types of crystals, all together in the same neighborhood. I dont know if you already identified your stones, but here is a Quick passing through your photos, from top to bottom : 1. Natrolite with gmelinite plus a bit analcime, 2. Same, 3. Natrolite (radial) with something i cannot distinguish! 4. Calcite, analcime, natrolite (is that copper??) 5.natrolite, calcite 6. Same, 7. Same, 8,9. Quartz!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

ph06kg1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 am Amazing specimens Max, thank you so much for sharing! Zeolites are truly beautiful rocks that combine different types of crystals, all together in the same neighborhood. I dont know if you already identified your stones, but here is a Quick passing through your photos, from top to bottom : 1. Natrolite with gmelinite plus a bit analcime, 2. Same, 3. Natrolite (radial) with something i cannot distinguish! 4. Calcite, analcime, natrolite (is that copper??) 5.natrolite, calcite 6. Same, 7. Same, 8,9. Quartz!

Thanks for your complete clarifications George, very interesting. (What do you think about the fossilized octopus ? I posted recently ) Do you have an idea?

Max
ph06kg1

Post by ph06kg1 »

I saw it Max, but to be honest i have nooo idea about fossils..!! I too agree that something that soft as an octopus cannot fossilize, because it would have melted before it can get even calcified. In order to fossilize, the octopus should survive decomposition for millions of years.. Nevertheless, it is an amazing find, Max!! We should ask an expert, (George Konstantinou if you know him) i would guess a species of vryozoa!!