No1 in the world!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paulo

No1 in the world!

Post by Paulo »

Wales are now officially ranked the top rugby team in the world, could be a very interesting world cup!
The Aquila

Re: No1 in the world!

Post by The Aquila »

When you’re top there is only one way to go 😜

This will be an interesting World Cup and good luck to all teams.....except the ones playing England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😄
JimX

Post by JimX »

The top team this week, but last week? not so much. All down to grit and hard work, yesterday was only a warm up to the World Cup, lot harder teams in that than England or Wales..
Jim.
emgee

Post by emgee »

But could only manage to attract C4 to show the game though.

Alan
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

JimX wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 am The top team this week, but last week? not so much. All down to grit and hard work, yesterday was only a warm up to the World Cup, lot harder teams in that than England or Wales..
Wales haven't got to the number one position based on a single game against England, they have won 15 of their last 16 games beating every top tier nation in the world (except NZ who they haven't played since 2017), so this a great position to be in just before the World Cup. There may be some tough teams out there but Wales (and England) are up there with the best of them!

emgee wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:13 am But could only manage to attract C4 to show the game though.

Alan
Not sure what your point is here? Channel 4 outbid the BBC for the rights to show all of the rugby union fixtures that were previously shown on the BBC including the Six Nations, I think this a sign of popularity that there is now competition bidding for the opportunity to show these games. (The game was also shown on Sky Sports).
JimX

Post by JimX »

Alan it was shown live of Sky Sports too, trouble is it clashed with the Test Match, as much as I like Rugby Union it will be second or even third in my watch list, F1 then Cricket, any day.

Paul time will tell ...as you know.

My body is half Welsh but my roots are all English. :)
Jim.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Cheers Jim, it wasn’t my intention for this to be a Wales v England thread. It’s nice to see any of the home nations doing so well!
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

No1 in the world, not bad for a country with a population of just over 3 million people, and just four clubs along the M4 corridor!
It doesn't mean a lot to Welsh fans, it's the trophy that counts, It will be tough but we shall see.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lloyd the good lady watches some Cricket and F1 but Home and Away it has to be, and why two MAGs and two TVs are a must have for us.. :shock:
Jim.
El tel

Post by El tel »

Wales do not just have access to 3 million , 9 of the welsh squad were born in England .

Terry
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

El tel wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 am Wales do not just have access to 3 million , 9 of the welsh squad were born in England .

Terry
I don't think 9 of the starting 15 were born in England? Do you have a link for that?
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

A few were born In England, and not just England, that's right Terry, but they were picked because of Welsh family roots or on residency grounds as you know.
It happens in a lot of sports these days, but it's who you choose to play for when given the choice at the end of the day, that's what counts.

Very good examples of this are Billy and Macko Vunipola who play for England, and their first cousin Taulupe Faletau, Wales.
Their dads and family were brought over from Tonga to live and play for clubs in Wales, Billy, Macko and Taulupe were small children, they all shared a house and is why they all have Welsh accents! The rest as they say is history.
....l-l....
El tel

Post by El tel »

I was only trying to clarify that Wales have access to the whole of the UK population if they have Welsh roots rather than the 3 million living in Wales. Secondly I said the Welsh squad not the the starting 15 and yes google “ how many of the Welsh RFU team were born in England “
Sometimes I wonder whether I should bother to respond with facts when individuals seem to want to pick an argument with you. :-)

Terry
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

I thought we were just chatting, what's to argue about? With that attitude perhaps your right, shouldn't bother.
El tel

Post by El tel »

It would have been nice if you had admitted not reading my first posting correctly and my second posting where I put a smiley at the end which indicates I am not taking it seriously.

Terry
JimX

Post by JimX »

Well England put of a real championship game against the mighty All Blacks, as posted further up England look a good side months ago, now the Welsh or maybe the South Africans, I hope it is the Welsh but they will need to be at the top of their game to beat England IF they played like they did today...

By the way the match was on normal ITV 1....
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Yes it was a good match, and a good result.. You could indeed watch it on the ITV iPlayer if you wanted to
Trev..
emgee

Post by emgee »

Jimx

I lost the last 9 minutes of the game on ITV.

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

emgee wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:18 pm Jimx

I lost the last 9 minutes of the game on ITV.

Alan
Watch it on catchup
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Shame Alan ours was faultless to that wonderful end!

England by the way were very on magnanimous towards the All Blacks after the game, no jumping for joy, just a great game.
Jim.