Flight delay compensation

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trireme

Re: Flight delay compensation

Post by trireme »

I must be missing something here, a boarding pass is only a record that you checked in for the flight, not a record of actually boarding it, passengers who miss their flights still have boarding passes.You generate it and print it off yourself these days, two weeks before the flight,you are not even obliged to go to the airport,far less board the plane.

The airline and other organisations have proof that you actually boarded the plane,when your boarding pass and passport are scanned at the final departure gate, only then are your details entered on to the final passenger list,the airline are obliged to keep that information for a number of years, so asking you to produce an old boarding pass as proof of being on a specific flight is,in my opinion,nonsense,a delaying tactic contrived by the legal team acting on behalf of the airline
Kili01

Re: Flight delay compensation

Post by Kili01 »

HIC did you read the link which you quoted before you made your post in effect putting me down? I know enough about flight safety regs having had a long associating with things in the aviation world. Also common sense must also prevail even with this awful claim for compensation mentality. It’s fair enough to claim when you know that it is fully justified.

Dee