August electricity bill €10-15 less for average household

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

August electricity bill €10-15 less for average household

Post by galexinda »

An average household can expect to pay €10 to €15 less on their August electricity bill due to a reduction in the fuel adjustment coefficient, Phileleftheros reported on Tuesday.

https://in-cyprus.com/price-drop-in-eac ... of-august/

Just read electricity meter as last billing period just completed and even though we have used fans day and night and AC on a few occasions, it is only 20 units above average bimonthly meter reading.
PW in Polemi

Re: August electricity bill €10-15 less for average household

Post by PW in Polemi »

My current (please excuse the pun) average consumption is 5 or 6 units a day. I have used air con about 3 times so far this summer, earlier on in the heatwave when it was too hot and breezeless to sit outside in the shade. Consumption increases almost threefold in the winter as I use up my PV credits.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: August electricity bill €10-15 less for average household

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I received my electricity bill 2 days ago via e-mail and the reading was -7 units used, thanks to my net-metering PV installation. As I had much more pool pump running time recently and the air-con is on all day. I am glad I stayed into credit on my meter which will add up as soon as the August heat is over in order to have enough credit for the winter time when there is less sunshine...

Max