1- or 3-year driving licence?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

1- or 3-year driving licence?

Post by Devil »

I'm 87 and just renewed my licence for 3 years. How come, when others have said they have to renew every year? Apparently, it's the doctor certifying your vision who can decide. If he deems you have sufficient acuity and wide vision (no tunnel), without degenerative failure or cataracts, he can give you the green light for 3 years. Otherwise, he signs the form for one year.
trevnhil

Re: 1- or 3-year driving licence?

Post by trevnhil »

No it's not new. It has always been in recent years the Doctor who decide how long to sign your form for.. I was actually asked if I wanted a 3 yr licence and of course said yes.. And got one
Trev..
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Now that we are all registered to a specific Doctor does it have to be that Doctor that signs the Form?
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It would make sense to use the GP you are registered with as the cost should be zero. But I dan't know if you HAVE to or not..
Trev..
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

I is just that I used to use Dr Maria in Polis whose husband is an Ophthalmic Surgeon One visit one fee, done and dusted.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Just use your GESY GP. It will be FOC. My GP held up a card over her head and said can you read this "Yes I sad" She signed the from a 3-year license. She had already done the physical examination.
All things are possible