An Electric Bus for Paphos..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

An Electric Bus for Paphos..

Post by trevnhil »

In the near future Paphos will have an electric bus to transport people around the town..

http://www.use-the-final-link/news/195104 ... -to-paphos
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: An Electric Bus for Paphos..

Post by cyprusmax47 »

A good start for Paphos in the right direction. I just wonder about the costs, seeming very low. Perhaps these figures are after subsidies from the EU? I hope the bus and charging station are produced from a decent supplier and run as they should for a long time without problems, otherwise people will start moaning that the electric stuff is not reliable. It's a shame that the electricity to charge the bus will not come from renewable sources, yet..

Max
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

They would be better trying out Hydrogen powered Electric Bus. Many countries, including Germany are doing this. Use Windfarm to produce Hydrogen then the only byproduct is water
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
WHL

Post by WHL »

Just hearing that word Hydrogen, scares the **** out of me :shock:
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The wind farms are known to be rather unreliable in Cyprus. We often don’t have enough wind to get and keep them going. Or else it is too windy and they need to be shut down before they sustain damage to their sails. It seems that an electric bus might be more reliable, providing it has a good battery and there are good facilities to recharge it quickly when required.. It should also make some audible noise when in motion so people can hear it coming....
Dee

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

mouse wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:26 pm Why does hydrogen scare you so much ? It's just a flammable gas ! Butane for cigarette lighters and cooking ?what should scare you is butane in aerosols and your not aware of it. Not enough people realise that when cfc's were banned a popular replacement was butane, yes your aerosol may well be a flame thrower .
It reminds me of the Hydrogen Bomb
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

@WHL 3.40pm.
I always relish the opportunity to incorporate the term: “Di-hydrogen oxide” in discussions. This has the snowflakes diving for cover with their tin hats.
Guess what?
It’s water!!
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:32 pm The wind farms are known to be rather unreliable in Cyprus. We often don’t have enough wind to get and keep them going. Or else it is too windy and they need to be shut down before they sustain damage to their sails. It seems that an electric bus might be more reliable, providing it has a good battery and there are good facilities to recharge it quickly when required.. It should also make some audible noise when in motion so people can hear it coming....
Dee

Dee
The Wind Farm was only a suggestion to be completely Carbon Neutral, any form of generation will do as you need Electricity to produce the Hydrogen for the cell just as you need electricity to make and power batteries. As to reliability, I am not sure you know the principle of Hydrogen powered vehicles so . . .

https://www.ucsusa.org/clean-vehicles/e ... cells-work
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum