373 drivers caught speeding in one week in Paphos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

373 drivers caught speeding in one week in Paphos

Post by memory man »

Paphos police booked 373 drivers for speeding in the week of July 29 to August 5 — nearly half the total of 826 bookings for traffic offences made by police during that period.

Police said that during the week long road safety campaign special emphasis was given to the secondary road network.

Meanwhile, Paphos deputy police chief Andreas Angelides told the Cyprus News Agency that in consultation with police headquarters, the district police has drawn up a plan of action for the summer holiday with special emphasis on road safety, particularly on the secondary road network, and crime prevention.

https://in-cyprus.com/paphos-373-driver ... -one-week/
Jim B

Re: 373 drivers caught speeding in one week in Paphos

Post by Jim B »

I stI'll believe they should have a clamp down on the use of mobile phones when driving g..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

To be really effective, police should have an ongoing campaign on a daily basis to catch drivers speeding, not using seat belts and/or using a mobile! Their one week blitzes don’t seem to do enough...

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:02 am To be really effective, police should have an ongoing campaign on a daily basis to catch drivers speeding, not using seat belts and/or using a mobile! Their one week blitzes don’t seem to do enough...

Dee
The one week blitz netted over 800 bookings, I think that should be applauded.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

WHL I am sure you must know what I meant. Yes, the one week campaigns do yield good results, mainly probably because they take people by surprise. But to be really effective the police should be on the look out for these violations of the law on a daily basis...then people might dtart to obey the law rather than risk being fined...

I agree with you Mouse, ownership of these prestigious very powerful cars is a mixed blessing as it is so easy to break speed limits when driving. You see the results of excessive speed in some of the crashes on the Polis Rd and on the highway.

Dee
boycott

Post by boycott »

A fine example of drivers not been in control of their high speed luxury cars.

Need to watch the video.
It seems these idiots are all over the world and have no respect for anyone or anything.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ntley.html
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:36 pm WHL I am sure you must know what I meant. Yes, the one week campaigns do yield good results, mainly probably because they take people by surprise. But to be really effective the police should be on the look out for these violations of the law on a daily basis...then people might dtart to obey the law rather than risk being fined...

I agree with you Mouse, ownership of these prestigious very powerful cars is a mixed blessing as it is so easy to break speed limits when driving. You see the results of excessive speed in some of the crashes on the Polis Rd and on the highway.

Dee
The reason they can do these week long campaigns, is because they take man power off other work to concentrate on moterists , its the lack of man power which holds them back, especially in the tourist season , where the amount of people they need to take care off doubles.