BHC at Paphos airport this Wednesday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: BHC at Paphos airport this Wednesday

Post by trevnhil »

I bet there were throngs of people around it ;-)
Trev..
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

During the last Gulf War 2003 - 2011 I flew to Cyprus and back on holiday 12 times ((24 flights)!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Posted on BHC FB page just now

Thank you to our visitors and volunteers to our pop-up stand at Paphos airport today on residency and healthcare issues for #UKnationalsinCyprus post-Brexit.

We will be repeating this on 21 and 28 Aug and 4 Sept for anyone passing through the airport on those days.

Please also consult our Living in Cyprus guidance: www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-cyprus.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Harry where do you get your information from?
Why should commercial flights to Cyprus cease in the event of a middle eastern war? Which hopefully no one wants. Commercial flights to Cyprus haven’t stopped during the Syrian or the Iraqi wars. Cyprus isn’t part of the middle east.
HIC
I was only relaying the current British Govt’s line, since before Boris was elected recently., He was putting forward the idea that he could renegotiate the previously negotiated by May EU Brexit deal. Of course many people realised this was very unlikely, but many politicians and others in the UK seemed to swallow it. Now huge amounts of money are being thrown at trying to prepare the country as well as possible for an unplanned Brexit in less than 3 months.
God help us all!
Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:05 am
Kili01 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:42 pmAlso the EU’s present hard line attitude suggests they are very unwilling to re open the previous Brexit negotiations.

The EU is quite happy to honour the deal agreed with previous Prime Minister, May.
A deal accepted by the EU parliament. But a deal rejected by the UK parliament ....3 times. Therefore there was no deal. It takes two to tango.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Harry123 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:09 pm
Les Bean wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:01 pm The Living in Cyprus guidance in the event of a no deal does not make comfortable reading for us here
Only if the reciprocal health arrangements between UK and Cyprus are not renewed.
If they are not watch everyone leave! It will be Cyprus then who feels uncomfortable.
The Cypriot Authorities know where their bread is buttered - so I am not in the least worried by this BHC scaremongering.
Harry.
Why would everyone leave, most who could would just dig a little deeper into their pockets. You also forget that the Russians and Chinese plus citizens of other countries are pouring into Cyprus making up for the falling numbers of British immigrants.
The Cypriots aren't as dependent on the British these days as many like to think.

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It really does not matter what anyone 'Rekons'.. No one will know until it is sorted and the officials let us know of any changes..
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:02 am It really does not matter what anyone 'Rekons'.. No one will know until it is sorted and the officials let us know of any changes..
Trev
Totally agree, no one knows what's going to happen but suggestions by some that it's all sorted is misleading.

Jim
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am Apologies if I'm wrong but this Harry123 posts in exactly the same way as Geoffreys. You remember Geoffreys, the one who is now posting as Amos (from Israel) on the PP site - allegedly. :lol:
Wow I never knew that. :mrgreen:
All things are possible
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Harry
If your suggesting I'm spreading malicious rumours then I've pasted a definition of what scaremongering actually means.
I'm telling people how it really is and not how I wish it or want it to be.
Fact: presently there is no signed post Brexit agreement between Cyprus and the UK. There maybe a "temporary" extension until an agreement is signed so we will have to wait and see.The link from the BBC confirms what I wrote.
Fact: We are in unchartered territory and to blindly believe everything will be as it was prior to Cyprus joining the EU is naive in the extreme, that's not scaremongering, it's common sense.
Jim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-46841041

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dic ... emongering
WHL

Post by WHL »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:55 am Apologies if I'm wrong but this Harry123 posts in exactly the same way as Geoffreys. You remember Geoffreys, the one who is now posting as Amos (from Israel) on the PP site - allegedly. :lol:
Geoffrey, banned from nearly every forum on the Island, now morthed, into the only Israelie in the Village (allegedly)... Just read his posts again, and I think your on the money with this one.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Harry 123 from Larnaca without a doubt aka Amos from Zygi (PP forum) the original Geoffrey 🧐

I thought I’d pmd Dominic
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi HIC, As you may realise I am in the UK at present. The facts that emerge are that the UK Govt and also the media are not delivering the sort of accurate information to the public here about the facts and all the implications of an unplanned Brexit until the last few days. Just a drip feed, and the media are also investigating! In fact from before the referendum there was no proper explanation given to the British public of the full implications of leaving the EU. Although there are some people on this board who take every opportunity to knock the BHC in Cyprus, actually they are doing a splendid job in trying to keep British expats and residents up to date with as much info as possible at a very difficult time.
People shouldn’t forget that the BHC takes its information from the British Govt and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. In fact while I have been in the UK! conversations with many friends here show how much more we know about whats happening from the BHC in Cyprus than most people do in the UK!
Since Boris took over chaos seems to reign, Boris makes remarks to the press and the media and so far his promises to Parliament and the public about renegotiating Brexit agreement with the EU are just hot air! Since both the British Parliament and presumably the EU are on holiday in August, nothing can be done until early next month.
An unplanned Brexit on 31 Oct seems to be on the cards!
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Harry123 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:09 pm
Apologies accepted.
Don't believe all you read on forums.
Harry.
Your having a Larf... :roll:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Harry123 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:55 pm
WHL wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm
Harry123 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Apologies accepted.
Don't believe all you read on forums.
Harry.
Your having a Larf... :roll:
You might be (sic humour, and a little offensive to be honest).
I don't have "larfs" - just LAUGHS :lol:
I don't know who "Geoffreys" is but he/she seems to have rattled your cage.
Harry.
Try Amos, you might know him :roll:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Harry123 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 pm Reply to WHL:
May I respectfully suggest that you get a life, and stop posting drivel.
Harry.
Lets leave it at that, Im sure Dominic will step in if there's anything dodgy going on.
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

+1 for definate ;)

He's had more names than the telephone directory :D

Cheers

Steve
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

100% it’s the same person....IMHO
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Harry has left the building. The amosphere didn't agree with him.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:32 am Harry has left the building. The amosphere didn't agree with him.
See what you did there Dominic, like it :lol: